How to Removing body mesh replacement from body armor?

lostami

The following was my initial post, as my question has been fully answered, I will leave it for future forums members as reference to this topic.

The key information for achiving the subject of this topic can be found here: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Skyrim_bodyparts_number

Please remember to read it carefully and make sure to read this topic to make sure you gather all the information required.

Questions about this topic? Send a PM to me and I will try to answer you quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I want to make an armor that shows the body mesh to not change my body mesh to the one in the Nif file, so i deleted the body in the nifskope, then change the slot it uses in the CK away from 32. but when i equip it in game it makes my body invisible.

My question is, how do I make it work more like a ring, where it does not change any of my body meshes but still shows the armor and have it function and move with the body properly?

Um... you have to have a baseshape in there somewhere or the body will disappear.

The nice thing about BodySlide and Bodyslide-compatible outfits converted with Outfit Studio is one you build outfits to a chosen body, all Bodyslide compatible outfits will use that body.

Even if you make a ring that caused armor to vanish (by setting it to be displayed in every slot); that ring will still need a reference shape (body) as part of it, or the body disappears.

Um... you have to have a baseshape in there somewhere or the body will disappear.

The nice thing about BodySlide and Bodyslide-compatible outfits converted with Outfit Studio is one you build outfits to a chosen body, all Bodyslide compatible outfits will use that body.

Even if you make a ring that caused armor to vanish (by setting it to be displayed in every slot); that ring will still need a reference shape (body) as part of it, or the body disappears.

Nope, he just has to change the assigned slot on the mesh as well as in the .esp (for both Armor and ArmorAddon) to something that isn't 32. That way it won't replace the body, which uses slot 32, but if it wasn't made for the body you're using it'll probably clip.

Nope, he just has to change the assigned slot on the mesh as well as in the .esp (for both Armor and ArmorAddon) to something that isn't 32. That way it won't replace the body, which uses slot 32, but if it wasn't made for the body you're using it'll probably clip.

I have already changed it in the esm file, but I don't know how to do the other, any instructions?

Also it is for the body i am using so no issue there.

EDIT: Found it! your post got me searching in the right direction thanks Absurdity!

EDIT: I have used this like 8 times not on items to affectivly move there slot and it is awsome!

Archived