Problem modifing armor

Hello,

I'm new to Skyrim armor modding/editing and I have some problems when trying to convert armors.

Im using 3ds Max 2012 with 3ds max nif importer/exporter (http://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5622/?)

Weight 0 (with already edited armor) and Weight 1 (simply deleted 7B body and inserted unpb and exported with 3ds max plugin) both show texture errors. everything between shows extrem grapical errors..

post-306243-0-62554600-1406305254_thumb.jpg

post-306243-0-51003000-1406305250_thumb.jpg

post-306243-0-94845100-1406305260_thumb.jpg

in nifskope everything seems normal (see Screenshot @ weight0) post-306243-0-10465100-1406305802_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have any advice for me? Already googled, but did not really find an answer to my problem.

(Followed this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gGEXLGtOY&list=UUc1uR5cVeo9oQHYnIJDk7fw )

After you export your armor from 3DS Max, you also need to work in Nifskope.

- Your "slide 0.jpg - slider 1.jpg" problem is because you didn't copied the original BSShaderLightingProperty & Alpha Property from the original armor to your converted one.

- Your "slider,0,01-0,99.jpg" problem is because you didn't converted the armor correctly and that usually leads to "exploding vertices", one of the reasons of this would be that, your armor has different weights. Your .NIF files also need to be the same size, if they are different, the weightslider won't work.

I would suggest you to follow those tutorials , they are short and straight to the point on how to convert armors from start to finish. Nightasy talks too much, and works too slow.

- Your "slide 0.jpg - slider 1.jpg" problem is because you didn't copied the original BSShaderLightingProperty & Alpha Property from the original armor to your converted one.

- Your "slider,0,01-0,99.jpg" problem is because you didn't converted the armor correctly and that usually leads to "exploding vertices", one of the reasons of this would be that, your armor has different weights. Your .NIF files also need to be the same size, if they are different, the weightslider won't work.

I would suggest you to follow those tutorials , they are short and straight to the point on how to convert armors from start to finish. Nightasy talks too much, and works too slow.

Thank you very much. that guide helped me a lot. now everything works with textures. Problem left now is with tbbp, breasts are bouncing through the cloth .. :/ but I think that problem will be a more complicated to solve?

Thank you very much. that guide helped me a lot. now everything works with textures. Problem left now is with tbbp, breasts are bouncing through the cloth .. :/ but I think that problem will be a more complicated to solve?

The breasts bounce through clothing because you didn't copy the body weights over the clothing...

The breasts bounce through clothing because you didn't copy the body weights over the clothing...

As I said i'm new especially in nifskope, 3d modeling itself is np.

I followed all the parts from your video link, same armor same steps and I did not forget one single step. The armor itself looks okay. I only use another body (unp topmodel bpp).

So what do you mean by "copy the body weights over the clothing" in 3ds max? in nifskope? Srry but I can't find any useful information when googling.

Archived