Oblivion Alive

Could someone post a download link of this mod? It appears to have dissapeared from tesnexus and I really like using it (added 900+ NPCs to the game).

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion Alive is a german only mod (never was translated, since author did not allow it)

he neither did allow the mod to be reposted anywhere else.

not sure but you could try to get in contact with him (name was "Lycanus"), but he was banned on nexus, so you would have to find his contact detail

Damn! 900? How does your rig handle that many?

It isn't exactly as terrible as you think, the NPC's are spread out all over Cyrodiil. For example, this mod adds brothers/sisters/other relatives to various NPC's so a cell might only have 1-3 more npc's (but cities will have more). As for my computer, I have to admit that it's pretty good. I run a ton of NPC adding mods (Oblivion Alive, Crowded Cities, Extended Cities, LoversStupidNPCs, From 2CH lives, Crowded Roads, Samurai in Cyrodiil, etc which more than doubles the population of the game.) along with Qarls lite version but not better/open cities. I need upgrading as I can play okay with these mods on medium difficulty.

Guest Donkey

This mod is hard to come by because the author was banned right ??

I still have it on my backup drive. but i am uncertain what version the latest was, since i was never able to play this mod. Due to too many npc's added and my pc was already struggling with all of the lovers mods before it died.

i think i have version V6B

This is one of the pictures added in the zip file.

This is the site it used to be on, i see lycanus has removed it there as well.

http://theelderscrolls.info/?go=download&catid=11

By request uploaded it in the download section.

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=80

Guest Donkey

Oblivion Alive is a german only mod (never was translated' date=' since author did not allow it)

he neither did allow the mod to be reposted anywhere else.

not sure but you could try to get in contact with him (name was \"Lycanus\"), but he was banned on nexus, so you would have to find his contact detail

[/quote']

Lycanus disappeared completely. Even the German site has no more mods by him. From what i remembered he was going to create an English one till the attacks on him started. That is when things went downhill pretty fast.

His readme never stated no upload. But then again it is all in German. Maybe someone here can translate the readme part ??

Disused Account 001 is responsible for

* Oblivion Alive (Withdrawn)

* Rune stones (Withdrawn)

* Better High Elves (Withdrawn)

* The torch Dealers (Withdrawn)

* WDN (Withdrawn)

http://www.planetoblivion.de/index.php?Itemid=125&option=com_modartist&task=fulldesc&artist=389

Original German Text:

Hinweis an andere Modder:

trotz der Gefahr dass es unhöflich klingen könnte, es ist aus persönlichen Gründen nicht gestattet,

diese Datei zu verändern, in andere MODs zu integrieren, Auszüge daraus in anderen Plugins zuzufügen!!!

Es ist nicht gestattet, diese Datei für andere Plugins zu nutzen.

Ich habe meine Gründe, warum ich das schreibe.

Taking over, changing or making further use of my data is not permitted.

Eine Internet-Seite hat mein Plugin "Oblivion Alive":

TESNexus.

Ich möchte, dass es nur in diesem Forum gehostet wird.

Und ich möchte nicht,

dass mein PI Oblivion Alive irgendwo anders gehostet wird.

Ich bin der Urheber und möchte gefragt werden.

End or original

Translated:

Notice to other modders:

even if this may sound rude, i do not allow any modification to this mod, nor to integrate it with other mods, not even in parts.

i do have my reasons for writing this.

Taking over, changing or making further use of my data is not permitted.

One internet site has my plugin "Oblivion Alive":

TesNexus.

i want it to be hosted only there

i don't want it to be hosted anywhere else, since im the creator it is my intellectual property.

I'm the creator and i want to be asked.

End of translation

the problem is that even if it was removed from nexus, this still stands.

so even if i may now sound rude as well, remove it from the downloads section unless you got permission from Lycanus (if i remember he was still active in some forum i'll see if i can find it again, if he gives his okay no prob)

Guest Donkey

No not rude at all. I will temporary disable the download. Till you find this guy.

The last thing we need here for people to think we upload stuff without permission thanks for the translate.

Any idea why he was banned from nexus ?? Or did he just disappear ??

No not rude at all. I will temporary disable the download. Till you find this guy.

The last thing we need here for people to think we upload stuff without permission thanks for the translate.

Oh rats... :(

I was excited to finally be able to download this mod.

:'(

don't know, but nexus has always taken a grim view on sexlivion in the past, Lycanus was making some modifications on that one, not sure if that had any part in the reason for the ban.

maybe he will still answer the pm i send him on a german forum (he has been active there 2months in the past, which was after he got banned on nexus, but not sure if he still gets the pm notifications there, will have to wait)

Archived