Skaggs FAQ: Blender and Nifskope (help me out pls D:)

Skagg

I've gotten rather tired of making new threads so I thought I'd post just one giant faq for myself here in order to get question that I have answered. I'm fairly new to oblivion modding but not 3d modeling though I am not fluent in it either. I'd really appreciate it if I could have people with grander knowledge of these programs to help me on my way with the various questions that I have so that I can get my mods started, edited, or finished whichever is necessary lol. Alrighty then guys now on to my questions o.o

Q: Okay so I've been working on a armor in blender and this one I started from scratch using the konbatsu upperbody and an edited skull mesh. I plan on putting the skull on various parts of the armor but the one addition that has me puzzled is the mantle piece... Is it safe to put the skull in with the top and let it clip through the arm? Or should I make seperate nifs and make the mantle take use of say the amulet or wing slot so that the shoulder piece doesnt somehow like clip through the arm or warp into it when the arm is moved.

I'll post a pic of what I mean shortly ._.;;

PS: I'd like to thank the people who even bothered reading this thread and even more so those who have decided to answer as well as those who have been a lot my patient with my vast array of questions such as GSBmodders who has been one of the nicest modders Ive met by far.

Nm I got the problem all worked out if youd like to see the armor check here. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4906

New question

Say I wanted to edit the ear mesh of the tabaxi race to make them much bigger or shape them the way that are in the xeo Miqote race (or was it a mbp race?) do i just edit the nif of the ears in the mesh folder or is there more to it than just doing a simple mesh edit?

Nm I got the problem all worked out if youd like to see the armor check here. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4906

New question

Say I wanted to edit the ear mesh of the tabaxi race to make them much bigger or shape them the way that are in the xeo Miqote race (or was it a mbp race?) do i just edit the nif of the ears in the mesh folder or is there more to it than just doing a simple mesh edit?

If you want to resize them, then off you go with blender :P. Dunno if doing this in nifskope gonna be ok, you can try atleast. Shaping them (if I understood correctly) involves model editing.

Archived