Need some guidance from a modder on something

Shi-ku

I love armor mods that come in pieces like Brokefoot's awesome creations ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20415/? ). I did like Hmm What to Wear ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22168/? ) and the pieces section of Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13004/? ) but I didn't like the masking feature they required if you weren't using the base body for it.

My current attempts have met with failure in that equipping the chest causes the body to vanish. I am not for sure how to actually attach a body to it. I am rather a newb at this though haha.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of how to make these two mods fit more with Brokefoot's armors, having the chest armor piece actually taking up the body slot. After figuring that out I could make it so they have actual armor points, can be upgraded, and enchanted, as well as hopefully setting it up for different body models.

As of right now though this is a personal mod only, but if I could figure out how to do it and then ask the original creators for permission I would gladly be willing to share them here. Any help with his will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure I understood what you are trying to do here correctly tbh, but your vanishing body is caused by armor .nif having no body shape in it, this is fixable with some nifskope copypasta. 

Armor slots are defined both in .esp and .nifs dismember mod, they need to correspond to one another for it to work correct. 

If you explain what exactly you are trying to do I might be able to help you more.

Thank you. Sure I can try, for the Hmm What to Wear mod and for the pieces of armor from Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M the chest piece of the armor isn't actually going into slot 32, the body slot. Instead they were another slot, but I forgot which one. They instead give you a "masking" that is invisible armor to "convert" your body to that the mod requires. Equipping the mask last I checked for Hmm What to Wear made your body take on a UNP look and Remodeled Armor's mask made you take on a CBBEv3M look.

What I would like to try to do is forgo those masks. Take the chest piece of the armor and switch it to the body slot. Then work on ways to convert all the armor sets to different body types as well as making them TBBp compatible. I was able to change the slots for my first test but the chest piece's armor model didn't show up as well as making my body vanish. 

Thank you. Sure I can try, for the Hmm What to Wear mod and for the pieces of armor from Remodeled Armor CBBEv3M the chest piece of the armor isn't actually going into slot 32, the body slot. Instead they were another slot, but I forgot which one. They instead give you a "masking" that is invisible armor to "convert" your body to that the mod requires. Equipping the mask last I checked for Hmm What to Wear made your body take on a UNP look and Remodeled Armor's mask made you take on a CBBEv3M look.

What I would like to try to do is forgo those masks. Take the chest piece of the armor and switch it to the body slot. Then work on ways to convert all the armor sets to different body types as well as making them TBBp compatible. I was able to change the slots for my first test but the chest piece's armor model didn't show up as well as making my body vanish. 

Well you will need to do it as I said then, just having armor mesh in body slot .nif will make your body invisible, as you saw. So you need to copy paste corresponding body mesh (unp / cbbe / whatever) inside that armor .nif. Heres what I mean: 

GJDoEJC.png

This is CBBE armor so the Baseshape is acual cbbe high weight body mesh, its part of the "armor" as you can see here. If you deleted the body and kept just the armor shape, if you set it to 32 slot it would show up empty in your game. You gotta understand that slot 32 armor completly replaces your body mesh, same goes for helmet/gloves/etc, if you want body to show up still, it gotta be part of your armor mesh. 

I have no idea if I'm making sense, but there you go ._.

Yeah you are, thank you haha. I had a feeling that was it but I am a nifskope noob so not for sure how to do that. Could you possibly point me in the right direction of some tutorials or something? After I get it to work with a body type it would be easy to make it for all body types with bodyslide wouldn't it?

Honestly I dont know of any nifskope tutorials myself, I guess google is your friend. But something like this should be fairly easy. Open the body .nif and open armor nif at same time, rclick on armor mesh node (nitrishape) > copy branch, switch to your body nif window and paste in root , it should look something like in my screenshot here. Of course, you need to paste correct weight armor (high weight nif for high weight body etc). You could have issues if names dont correspond but basically you should be able to figure it out with some trial and error. Feel free to ruin your .nifs, it wont matter untill you actually save in nifskope :P 

And yes, once you got base armors done, you can convert to other bodies / body weights in bodyslide easily.

Archived