No Animations or Sounds

So I cant get any animations or sounds of any kind to run and I haven't the foggiest idea why.  All the mods properly installed, ran FNIS each time, no errors in FNIS, all the mod mechanics work, all the menus show up and work, but regardless of which mod I'm using, nothing plays.  I'm running an extremely heavily modded game.

Sexlab stuff im running:

SexLab Aroused

SexLab Working Girl

Devious Devices

I've used the N command in Sexlab aroused and it gives me "SexLab animation failed to start (-1)"

In the Mod config for SexLab under "toggle animations" theres a big old list of checkboxes but none of them are named, and when searching for animations in the editor literally nothing comes up.  

I also can't get Zaz Animation pack to register with SexLab properly.  

Two weeks ago I had the same stuff installed and I had somehow gotten some of the animations in Devious Devices going after a million re-installs, but after all the frustration and a clean uninstall and long break those don't run either.

I've followed all the possible instructions in the troubleshooting guide to no avail, and I have some stuff popping up in Papyrus that I have no idea how to read.  I'd like to think i'm not an idiot, but maybe there's something I missed.

Help would be lovely.

UPDATE:  

After some fiddling I've got DD working again.  At least the animations that I know of.  Everything else still broken.

Try them with Matchmaker mod, it is used by most to test and make sure things are working. If it works with that then you know your animations are working and it has to be a mod issue, if it does not work then you know it has to be a animation issue. Perhaps sexlab got corrupted during install or something.

I have this exact same issue and I've tried running it by just installing the SexLabs Framework, reinstalling my XMPE (latest) skeleton over that, and then installing and using MatchMaker.  I cast the spell on an NPC and their current idle animation pauses for a split second and then restarts without transitioning into any of the mod-related animations.  I've been through all of the steps in the troubleshooting FAQ (the error that crops up in Debug is "FATAL: Startthread() -Unable to find valid default animations", which leads me to believe the mod isn't pointing to the correct place or the animations weren't installed in the correct place...not sure which.

My last resort would be to nuke my entire Skyrim install and start from scratch, but I'm REALLY loathe to do that as I finally had my body and armors updated to where I liked them and I'm not sure I can remember how I got there.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived