Please Help. NO Serana face mods work.

MisterMoth

Hello,

I'm a new user. Lurker, first time posting here. I've been all around to other forums and have searched 'til my eyes nearly bled, but so far have been totally unable to find a solution. It's making me a little crazy: it's not even about changing Serana anymore, I'm just frustrated that I've found a problem I cannot crack.

I hope someone here might be more knowledgeable and can help.

The problem is, apparently I'm not allowed to post things that take users to other pages. The parameters seem to include names of pages, images, special characters, etc. I have no idea how a new user can get help, with such a rule invoked.

I have contacted an Admin about that, but unless they reply I cannot adequately describe/show the problem.

New users can't use bullet points. The system thinks they are links.

Ok. Images work. Something else is being read as a link. (*Edit: It doesn't like when I use bullet points.)

My Details:

I am using Mod Organizer.

I have all of the latest versions of everything: Skyrim, MO, BOSS, SKSE, etc. and ALL of the DLC. This is extremely fresh, on a new PC.

I have tested various versions of these mods:

Seranaholic
SBF Followers: All in One and Serana (separate installs of course)

Mod List, except those screenshots are missing Serana's mod(s):

post-411200-0-84671800-1401982315_thumb.png
post-411200-0-15385300-1401982326_thumb.png
post-411200-0-59476800-1401982314_thumb.png
post-411200-0-42291500-1401982313_thumb.png

This is how my Serana always looks. (She is picking up SG and other face & body textures. "No Hood" mods also work on her.) Look at that attitude: "No, FU, I will NOT be overwritten.". Please note she does look different from Vanilla Serana:

post-411200-0-40560000-1401982312_thumb.png

I've tried all of the obvious steps, and then some:

Manual Install: extraction to Skyrim/Data. The following images show my extraction location and Mod Organizer's file tree with FOMOD installation, respectively (the latter is exactly how I had them extracted, but manually)

post-411200-0-76210300-1401982323_thumb.png

post-411200-0-99637600-1401982316_thumb.png

Manual install of texture/mesh folders, but with esp installed by Mod Organizer, and activated in Skyrim Launcher's Data files.

Load order: put Serana's texture files & esp on the bottom so they would overwrite everything.

BOSS (this places her too high)

Load order: tried Serana before and after AFT and ASIS, in every possible configuration of these.

Moving and/or uninstalling NPC Overhaul (Inhabitants of Skyrim) and my other texture mods.

Console: ResetAI, Placeatme, Moveto Player, etc. Then, Fast Travel, moved to a new cell with her, etc.

Re-ran ASIS Re-Proccer to make sure that wasn't the problem and that it was reading her esp.

I originally installed the mod after starting her quest (to take her home). Most people do not have issues with doing this. When I couldn't get it to work, I took her home, played the game normally until she came back to the Dawnguard (over a month in-game). I hoped she might switch actor or something when she came back, but no. Still the same.

Tried looking with TES5edit, which showed a conflict with her mod's main file & Dawnguard.esm, where the mod was "losing". I changed her 00002B6C.dds & 00002B6C.nif to 02002B6C.dds & 02002B6C.nif to match her BaseID in my Dawnguard. I also placed her before ASIS to eliminate what looked like an error in TES5edit, with Spell/Magic AI. Nothing changed when I started up my main save, but when I tried a fresh Prisoner save, I got this amazing legendary pokemon. It's not how she's supposed to look, but now I can see she's trying to use the right hair and is at least changing the face mesh. A start! Maybe?:

post-411200-0-61602200-1401982322_thumb.png

I have made progress.

I installed her via NMM, and the file structure was the exact same as when I'd tried it manually. That means NMM vs. MO vs. Manual Installation didn't matter: all were the same.

Then, I started a new Prisoner, then consoled:

moved myself to Dragonsreach inside: "coc whiterundragonsreach"

Selected Serana's Ref ID: "prid 02002b74"

Moved her to me: "moveto player"

And it worked perfectly.

vhu6FAV.png

PROBLEM is, it doesn't want to work with my current save.

I tried: ResetAI, Prid 02002b6c & PlaceAtMe (spawns a copy from BaseID, generally not a good idea), RecycleActor, and Disable / Enable.

Nothing worked.

The Serana in my main save is somehow screwed up and won't accept esp-based mods.

Is there anything else I can do to un-screw my save and make it work?

Archived