unmodabble Jenassa

I'm having a very similar issue an old  unmoddable serana thread that was posted here. Basically I'm trying to run beans revision mod for some followers, they all work perfectly except for Jenassa who spawns with the default head no matter what I do. 

I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and all of my mods, I've even tried running the game with it being the only mod installed (so there wouldn't be anything running before or after it) and still I have the same problem. Everything works except for Jenassa spawning with the default head. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Sounds to me like the mod author didn't include that npc? Maybe ment to but forgot? If you feel comfortable in the CK fire it up and take a look at the npc under actor -> actor. If the NPC has been changed then highlight the NPC's name entry ( again make sure you are in the 2nd sub branch at least ) and hold control and press F4. It will ask if you want to export head data. Say yes. 

Though I would have to say if the entry for said npc has been changed in CK, you should be seeing SOMETHING, even if incorrect. I.E if the ESP says it changed skin color but the data was never exported, your NPC would have mismatched head and body textures. Is that happening?

Sounds to me like the mod author didn't include that npc? Maybe ment to but forgot? If you feel comfortable in the CK fire it up and take a look at the npc under actor -> actor. If the NPC has been changed then highlight the NPC's name entry ( again make sure you are in the 2nd sub branch at least ) and hold control and press F4. It will ask if you want to export head data. Say yes. 

Though I would have to say if the entry for said npc has been changed in CK, you should be seeing SOMETHING, even if incorrect. I.E if the ESP says it changed skin color but the data was never exported, your NPC would have mismatched head and body textures. Is that happening?

She's definitely included as it's changing her body but she's showing up with the default head. I don't think it's a really wide spread issue as I went through the comments section for the mod and didn't see a single other mention of a similar issue which makes me thing it's something on my end.

Baked NPC's. Noone did a deep research on what actually happens and why.

?

Some NPC's(Serana and  Aela are those i know) become anmoddable during the game progress. Their looks gets baked into your save.

If same thing happens in the new game, you're probably doing something wrong.

I've never really used the CK before but I opened up the esp found the version of the head that it should be and exported it now what?

Some NPC's(Serana and  Aela are those i know) become anmoddable during the game progress. Their looks gets baked into your save.

If same thing happens in the new game, you're probably doing something wrong.

And I had no idea this was a thing. Started a new game and presto, and the mod worked on her. Well that's increadibly frustrating. I guess this means on that particular save file I don't have the option of changing her look then?

Dunno, i've read about this issue a couple of times, but have no idea if it's fixable.

Usually it's connected to the quests. Do you have mods that add quests to her? Were you using a some kind of a follower framework in that game?

No quest adding mods, I did use the amazing follower teaks mod for that file. It all appears to be related to hiring her in the first place. I have far old save files where the mod is working on her if I had never hired her before. It's just strange to me that the body portion of the mod works while it's forcing the default head.

What i think about it is that something forces Skyrim to regenerate her head from the record in .esp/.esm instead of using a pre-generated head(that's the one used to make NPC's beautiful). And i think your mod only modify the pre-generated head and leaves her record alone. You can check if it's true by loading a game where her makeup works, then use "setnpcweight" console command with a randow weight from 0 to 100. If her face changes after that, this mod is about pre-genarated head only.

Yeeah. That's why i said - no one knows what's causing this. Maybe some flag in a save or something else. I can only guess at this point.

Also, i'm liking your post just because you're DFSL for no good reason.

What i think about it is that something forces Skyrim to regenerate her head from the record in .esp/.esm instead of using a pre-generated head(that's the one used to make NPC's beautiful). And i think your mod only modify the pre-generated head and leaves her record alone. You can check if it's true by loading a game where her makeup works, then use "setnpcweight" console command with a randow weight from 0 to 100. If her face changes after that, this mod is about pre-genarated head only.

I tried the console command, but the head remained the same. Skin tone seemed to change but it's still the default head. Same thing goes for the save files where it the mod works. If I change the weight the skin tone changes slightly but the head stays the same iether modded or unmodded.

Archived