Sexlab Defeat - Enemies Keep Attacking

I installed Defeat for the first time yesterday. When I'm facing a single target it works perfectly, however when I'm fighting multiple targets, enemies keep attacking me until I die when I'm incapacitated.

When it's working correctly: I'll be fighting one bandit and my health gets low, my HUD disappears, I fall down, and the animations start playing.

When it's working incorrectly: If I'm facing 3 or 4 bandits and I fall down, my HUD stays there, one or two bandits will stop attacking, and the rest just keep wailing on me until I die. If by chance they can't kill me before the animations start playing with one of the bandits who stopped attacking, they'll keep attacking me during the animations.

Does anyone know what this could be? Load order, maybe? Or is there just too much going on for Papyrus to keep up?

Archived