Fnis Animation Not Showing Up In Ck Or In-Game?

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

Hi,

I created an 30-frame animation consisting of an actor attempting to rest on the ground, as a test, to familiarize myself with the animation workflow.

The animation plays fine, I created an HKX file from a KF file generated in Blender 2.69 using tools found here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34671/?

I created an FNIS_modname_list.txt file in the folder, which FNIS was able to find. I ran generate for modders, everything was OK, ran generate for users, no errors.

However, the idle animation does not show up in CK, and using player.playidle js_laying (the name of the file and reference) does nothing.

Am I missing a step here?

First, did you restart CK after you generated your FNIS Animfile the first time?

Then you don't find the "idle animation" in the CK. You have to define an idle object yourself, using the AnimEvent you defined in your AnimList (is this js_lying?)

But I always recommend not to define an idle, unless you have no other choice (because you define furniture idles, or use CK constructs with idles like idlemarker of dialogues). Use console SAE or script SendAnimationEvent() with your FNIS defined AnimEvent. That'S much less hassle.xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

EDIT: did you see the modder'S doc under the FNIS files.

First, did you restart CK after you generated your FNIS Animfile the first time?

Then you don't find the "idle animation" in the CK. You have to define an idle object yourself, using the AnimEvent you defined in your AnimList (is this js_lying?)

But I always recommend not to define an idle, unless you have no other choice (because you define furniture idles, or use CK constructs with idles like idlemarker of dialogues). Use console SAE or script SendAnimationEvent() with your FNIS defined AnimEvent. That'S much less hassle.xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h.png

EDIT: did you see the modder'S doc under the FNIS files.

I can't find the animation event on the list of animation events. I'll try SAE in game.

Edit: Doesn't appear to be able to find the animation in CK or ingame, despite FNIS being successful. Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

My list file consists entirely of:

b gdlaying gdlaying.hkx

Generate_For_Modders works fine with no error message. Generate_For_Users acknowledges the mod.

WHat exactly do you do to find gdlaying?

What do you mean?

The file location is Data/Meshes/Actors/Character/Animations/gwrtd/gdlaying.hkx if that's what you're asking.

The associated mod is gwrtd.esp, though the mod has nothing in it at the moment.

If I can get it working, I plan to make a few idles for Rape Discouragement Mod, and a few resting idles as part of a player death overhaul I'm working on (health potions only recover health temporarily, rest to recover permanently).

I'm sorry if I annoy you by treating like a beginner. But it looks like your first animation mod. And as you know there are dozens of FNIS mods out there. And I have never had any modder reporting similar issues as you do. So you MUST be doing something fundamentally wrong.

Your steps (for CK or in-game SAE) seem generally ok. But since you are mentioning them very sketchy, I can only ask you to describe it in full detail. Otherwise I can't find out what mistake you are making here. 

I'm sorry if I annoy you by treating like a beginner. But it looks like your first animation mod. And as you know there are dozens of FNIS mods out there. And I have never had any modder reporting similar issues as you do. So you MUST be doing something fundamentally wrong.

Your steps (for CK or in-game SAE) seem generally ok. But since you are mentioning them very sketchy, I can only ask you to describe it in full detail. Otherwise I can't find out what mistake you are making here. 

No problem. You're right - It is my first animation wrong, and I agree that I'm definitely doing something fundamentally wrong here. Don't worry about being condescending - I know you're only trying to help and won't take it the wrong way.

I have a lot of experience animating in other games, but none whatsoever in Skyrim.

My steps from the beginning:

> Created animation one of my working folders in c:/working. File is named gdlaying.hkx.

> Created folder named gwrtd in data/meshes/actors/character/animations/gwrtd

> Copied gdlaying.hkx to the .../animations/gwrtd/ folder.

> Created file named FNIS_gwrtd_list.txt

> Added a single line: b gdlaying gdlaying.hkx

> Ran FNIS_For_Modders.exe, gave me the following line at the end: FNIS_gwrtd_Behavior.hkx successfully created.

> Ran FNIS_For_Users.exe, it said Reading gwrtd... on the list of mods and succeeded with no errors.

> Checked ../character/behaviors to confirm that the behavior file is there.

> Tried SAE, nothing there. Tried CK, not on the list of animation events, even though animations from other mods was there.

Edit: If I put the file under another mod that does work, such as Zaz Animation Pack, it works fine. It appears to be a problem with the gwrtd folder in particular. Any ideas?

Now the last point was valuable. Now I have an idea.

Do you use MO. Is it possible that you generate "into a profile"?  A mod can use profile data. CK can't.

I do not use MO. Not even NMM. I install everything manually.

Archived