Hdt Armor Issues

McCheesyBirdMess

I've been using HDT for about 2 weeks and I've been trying to fix this annoying issue (or maybe issues). The first is my butt jiggle, I get nothing when wearing armor. My breast jiggle works fine though (even though the breasts seem to sag a bit without armor). My main armor replacer is not TBBP (just BBP) so I thought that may be the issue (even though I batch built all the armors in Bodyslide to be TBBP). Take the armor off, and I have jiggle. So I downloaded a TBBP armor and tried it. Still no jiggle when wearing the armor. Can't figure this one out. The other issues is when I download other HDT .xml's to modify the amout of bounce, there is no noticeable change even though there should be some change. I know HDT is working because I have breast collision.

My body is CBBEAdvancedTBBP with the CBBE present. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

if HDT is not enabled on armor the physics wont work. you either need to attach hdt physics to each body armors _0.nif & _1.nif or use the havok object. and if you think you might have HDT enabled armor you probably do not. no one (except maybe a few) directly attaches HDT to armor, everyone prefers to use the Havok Object.

You need to reload the cell i.e go inside or outside whenever changing .xml so it refreshes the physics applied to the body. If that doesnt work try changing your main .xml which is hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml located in data/skse/plugins for one that definately has butt physics. If using the havok object you shouldnt need to change the .xml as I'm pretty sure it has butt physics but I'm not sure I dont use it. Other then those and what Budroi said I cant think of what else could be the problem. Hopefully one of those things helps resolve the issue.

if HDT is not enabled on armor the physics wont work. you either need to attach hdt physics to each body armors _0.nif & _1.nif or use the havok object. and if you think you might have HDT enabled armor you probably do not. no one (except maybe a few) directly attaches HDT to armor, everyone prefers to use the Havok Object.

How do I enable HDT on an armor? If you mean using nifskope with the "HDT Havok Path" I've already done that to all the armors and clothes in my game.

yea that would be attaching HDT to armor. in that instance I'm not sure what your issue could be. maybe try to use the Havok Object (here) and see if your issue resolves. If Havok Object does not resolve the issue you likely have a deeper issue. You might need to completely reinstall skyrim. And when skyrim is uninstalled go to your install directory and make sure to delete everything that remains. Other than that I am at a loss. sorry to be of such limited help.

I'd been through this for a month and nothing seemed to make the butt animation work in armor. Tried the havok path stuff, the havok object stuff, some eybrow trick... finally I had given up when I stumbled on this post about copying body weights to the armors:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1284221-os-tutorial-copying-tbbp-or-similiar-weights/

And then it worked. It seems that my "Remodeled Armor CBBE" armors lacked the butt bone weights needed.  So I used a dragonflytbbp.nif to get the bone weights and copied them to the nifs of my armor, which now works fine.

If you have butt jiggle when not wearing armor, then you can probably get the bone weights from your current femalebody_0 and _1 nifs.

I'd been through this for a month and nothing seemed to make the butt animation work in armor. Tried the havok path stuff, the havok object stuff, some eybrow trick... finally I had given up when I stumbled on this post about copying body weights to the armors:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1284221-os-tutorial-copying-tbbp-or-similiar-weights/

And then it worked. It seems that my "Remodeled Armor CBBE" armors lacked the butt bone weights needed. So I used a dragonflytbbp.nif to get the bone weights and copied them to the nifs of my armor, which now works fine.

If you have butt jiggle when not wearing armor, then you can probably get the bone weights from your current femalebody_0 and _1 nifs.

That worked, now I just gotta figure out how to keep it from making my breasts significantly smaller when using Outfit Studio. Thanks for your help!

I was having a similar problem when I tried to get smart and copied the bone weights to the original armor nif before building the armors with bodyslide. The resulting armor was losing my slider settings.

Try to build the armors with bodyslide first. Then use your femalebody_0 and _1 nifs to copy the bone weights to the generated armor nifs. (If you didn't do it this way already)

Archived