Exploded women (sometimes)

So, I have a problem with my current mods.  I'm assuming it has to do with the TBBP female skeleton (since it's caused a lot of CTDs lately), but I really don't know what it is/how to fix it, and Googling hasn't helped.  Sometimes (not every time) when I take the armor from a female, it should leave her naked.  Instead, her body explodes into polygons.  It also happened to my spouse when I took all her armor from her, even though she was alive.  I've attached a picture as well.

As an aside, it doesn't happen on my female PC save, though she does have some weird clipped (I think) colors around her hips/thighs, looks like she's wearing panties that didn't render correctly and only show on her legs (I don't have any underwear equipped on her, she should be nude.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

from the screenshot, i think check these files:

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\characters\defaultmale.hkp

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\characters\defaultmale.hkx

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\characters female\defaultfemale.hkp

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\characters female\defaultfemale.hkx

those are created by FNIS animation/behaviour lists and are skeleton dependent, messing those up will destroy your characters, i know from experience.

if your using cbbe, you want the tbbp skeleton for cbbe, same goes for the unp variants.

make sure you have the correct skeleton files:

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.hkx

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeletonbeast.nif

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.nif

steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeletonbeast_female.nif

be sure to run FNIS animation tool any time you add animations or change skeletons, be sure to check 'skeleton arm patch'

if you're not using FNIS, use the 'non-fnis' patch in groovtama's latest packages.

Archived