Ideabox for my first mod after CK comes out: Tenchu gameplay

Nalim

The most interesting part of skyrim for me was the dark brotherhood and assasin style gameplay. However on all my toons I've felt overpowered from lvl 20 and upward. I want gameplay where you're afraid to mess up, not gameplay where you shrug and say alright these 20 guards noticed me, I guess I'll haveto kill them now.

So the things I already know I want to do for this mod:

Add storyline that continues after finishing the dark brotherhood, and perhaps entangles it somehow with the thief guild storyline (like what would be the politics involved in leading both guilds simultaneously?).

I want to create a scarier environment at high levels.

List of modifications that will be included;

Quests:

-New assassin quest that takes of from the start of the game (forced interaction to a questgiver as soon as you reach Riverwood or Windhelm)

-New assasination/politic quests that continues where Dark brotherhood ends in vanilla.

-Several quests with hard to meet conditions, for example;

#Don't kill the women

#Dont kill anyone but NPC A

#Don't get spotted by any of the guards before killing NPC B

#Find and kill NPC C without raising suspicions from anyone you interogate (basicly choose the right options in dialoge or get killed)

NPC changes (for a Ninja/Assassin feel):

-Deadly mobs when spotted

#Monster/NPC HP will scale higher and faster

#Monster/NPC DMG will be severely increased (They will kill you almost as easily as you kill them, 2NPCs vs the PC will likely win)

-Monster/NPC will get a bigger bonus to spotting while in their field of vision.

Player Changes:

-At start players will be given a big boost to sneak perks(something like +30)

-Greater bonus to sneak when outside of monster/NPC field of vision

-Sneak DMG will be augmented to match the monster/NPC increase in HP. Successfull sneak attack should mean oneshot kills.

-Sneak attack will trigger kill animations more often (50% of the time or so)

-Strong blur/bloody screen/wobbly camera effect on taking dmg. When under 25% hp it should be very hard to see/aim

Misc:

-Trap damage severely increased

-All elemental resist decreased

-Longer cooldown for healing magic

-Cooldown for healing pots

I would love more suggestions on how to make this a really scary mod. A skilled player is supposed to be able to play it trough with only a few death (or in theory 0) but only if he plans well and goes trough it carefully. A sloppy player is supposed to die about 10 times before he gets past his 5th mob/enemy NPC.

Quests:

-New assassin quest that takes of from the start of the game (forced interaction to a questgiver as soon as you reach Riverwood or Windhelm)

-New assasination/politic quests that continues where Dark brotherhood ends in vanilla.

-Several quests with hard to meet conditions

#Don't kill the women

#Dont kill anyone but NPC A

#Don't get spotted by any of the guards before killing NPC B

#Find and kill NPC C without raising suspicions from anyone you interogate (basicly choose the right options in dialoge or get killed)

Just curious, why did you say don't kill the women?

Is that implying all targets will be male or something...?

Doesn't quite make sense especially with the requirement below it.

Yeah, as I said those would be the type of quests I'll add. Different patrons will want assassinations done in different way. Some want it done in an honorable way other will want it done in a brutal/extreme way to send a message.

@Nalim: i like your idea very much. Im saying im the kind of person whose into challenge and immersion.

May i add, the feeling of pain in your character is already present with enhanced blood textures the blur and blood on your screen resembles the pain but if only it can be modded so that the amount of blood and blur that will be shown is depending on your health, also removing the crappy heart beating sound on low hp and change it with heavy breathing need air sound.

I totally like successful sneak attack instant kill but only for humanoid characters, i play with 100 killmove random so everytime its the last enemy a killmove is shown. Killmove for me should only be in 1st person and refiened animation but it will be just optional bec we also like to see our character.

I have lots and lots more but typing with thumbs on a phone is hard lol.

I have one thing that came to my mind,differents customers mean differents death,it may force the characeter to evolve both contact combats skills and ranged combat skills,I think it could be set as some peoples want a death with poison other want it at distance and other close and personal and other by magic(May be a tad hard to increment I fear)

Custom manner of death was on my mind. I will try to implement that. I was also thinking that while some more "noble" employers will prefer a clean kill there will also be more mean spirited people that want you to make as much of a mess as possible to instill fear in their enemies and whatnot.

Killing by poison will be one option in several quests for sure.

If i make anything that forces a player to kill with magic I'll make some custom spells that go with the theame of this mod. Something like a dethspell that is single target and instakills but at the same time cripples the player or deals 99% of full hp dmg to the player, leaving him very vulnerable for a time.

I was also thinking of the clean kill and "showing off",but thought it may be a bane to set

Well instead of grevious damage to the player,why not blindness or paralysis,and for some move ,like the one shot,one hit,one kill type a very hudge drain of Fatigue in plus of mana for exemple(seting you at zero in both could mess a lots of things)

One thing that makes being a Dark Brotherhood member more realistic for me in Oblivion is a mod that makes people react as though you are a criminal if you are wearing a blatant Dark Brotherhood outfit.

I would have liked to have seen a reformation of the Black Hand in Skyrim.

I would like to personally make some changes to the DS Sanctuary because I think the lighting is terrible, and I hate how part of the complex suddenly disappears as if it was never there.

One thing that makes being a Dark Brotherhood member more realistic for me in Oblivion is a mod that makes people react as though you are a criminal if you are wearing a blatant Dark Brotherhood outfit.

I would have liked to have seen a reformation of the Black Hand in Skyrim.

I would like to personally make some changes to the DS Sanctuary because I think the lighting is terrible' date=' and I hate how part of the complex suddenly disappears as if it was never there.

[/quote']

As a fellow steath murderer, I think using the Morag Tong could be a good twist (from morrowind) as allies or enemies (competition for targets?).

Archived