"Sarge" RL-3 went silent.

I can't talk to Sarge, for some reason. Maybe I should start at the beginning. OK, I was interested what kind of companions you can get in Fallout 3. A quick search on google lead me to Sarge. Seeing unreasonably huge health pool of his, I said to myself "He'll be useful," (Not really, my first impression was "**** ****!"). So anyway I learned where to find Sarge and how to recruit him. I had Dogmeat, at the time but he was more useful getting himself shot than providing cover for me so I decided to recruit Sergeant RL-3 (that's his full name), instead. In our first fight together, I forgot that companions were essential until you recruited them so he died and I brought him back using "resurrect" command on the console then I made essential character so it never dies. But now I'm stuck with him it seems and I  have no idea how o fix this. Sarge is a better tank than Dogmeat ever was but I also want to get bring my karma up so I can get Fawkes much later in the game.

*heavy sigh* At least, I have fun thinking of Sarge making passes at Wadsworth, trying to seduce him to a robotic sex and Wadsworth turning down his every single one of attempts.

Guest endgameaddiction

I remember too much of the vanilla companions, but the problem is the companioin being resurrected is that their command is stuck. And in some cases there's no fix. I would either revert to an earlier save before hiring the companion or in worst case, start over.

There are plenty of mods out there that turn the vanilla companions into essential. There's even those with the ability to recuite more than one vanilla companion and have essental flagged on. I don't remember if I personally had this problem with a vanilla companion, but I've had this happen before with a a few NPCs before. If there is a command to reset their AI, that may help.

Hmm... If reviving him got him stuck, maybe killing him again would work? After making him non-essential that is?

There are plenty of mods out there that turn the vanilla companions into essential.

Really? I looked for one but couldn't find a one.

Guest endgameaddiction

I do have the Caravans essential. It gets really silly when you hit the early/mid 20s and the Albino start to slaughter everything. Especially when they are paired. Usually happens in the field of brahmins. I don't mind the amount of HP they have, but they can be ridiculously over powered so essential is a must for the caravans and companions. For me at least.

Guest carywinton

I do have the Caravans essential. It gets really silly when you hit the early/mid 20s and the Albino start to slaughter everything. Especially when they are paired. Usually happens in the field of brahmins. I don't mind the amount of HP they have, but they can be ridiculously over powered so essential is a must for the caravans and companions. For me at least.

Get my little simple and easy mod, CouchCase, you can find it here or on the Nexus, you will find it quite handy when you run into Albino Scorpions. I made it to be extremely simple, functional and useable right from the beginning of a vanilla game. It will work with just Fallout3, no DLC necessary. I also made it for people who want to learn how to use the GECK, its just on single *.esp file so it loads fast and shows how a few of the most used things work, like containers and such. Those Scorpions won't know what hit them, lol.

Archived