Starting animations from a specific stage?

Fredas

I'm posting this here because the original forum for this topic is a ghost town, and it's an uncomplicated question with a likely easy answer.

I have managed to pin down the specific reason why one of PuppetMaster's animations is incongruent with the command used to call it.  It was apparently the desire of the author to make use of stage 2 of "Arrok Lesbian" but the animation always begins with stage 1.  In fact I really cannot find any part of the code that might be trying to effect a specific call to stage 2.  The code being used is of the make.SetAnimations / make.StartThread variety, so I don't really have the luxury of simply plugging in a PlayAnim or similar.

So that's what I'm after: The means for calling a specific stage when setting up the make.SetAnimations function.

(Off topic: If anyone knows how I might go about playing a sound from a specific location that's offset from an actor, that would also be very handy, as these animations tend to place the physical actor meshes several feet from where the game thinks they are, which is terribly frustrating.)

Archived