Where to start?

sharkslut

Hello!

I've had skyrim for a while for PS3, and I recently got it for PC for well... modding :v

I've downloaded a few normal mods and seem to easily get the hold of it, but I'm wondering if there are any "base" or "essential" mods I need to get before getting into other adult stuff? I got CBBE, some body physics (but I'm having a hard time telling the difference between all the different ones, I believe I have BBP or something like that) and some armour that doesn't seem to have body physics (but at least it looks nice) and a few SFW mods of my own that I like, but that's pretty much it.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated! Sorry if this is in the wrong section or area, I'm new to this site but I've always liked skyrim modding and hope to get into it more!

The most essential thing is a good mod management tool. Of course you can install everything manually, but that carries no advantages actually. Most people will say that 'Mod Organizer' is the best one, and they're right, you should really use it.

Then you have SkyUI and SKSE. SkyU changes the awful console interface for a perfect PC one, and also comes with the Mod Configuration Menu, many mods requires it, so you need it. SKSE (skyrim script extender) is also required for many mods so you need it.

After than you have the actual mods. There are two kind of mods, just file replacers (meshes, textures, sounds, etc.) or actual plugins (.esm and .esp) that are loaded with Skyrim and adds new content. You need to integrate a little executable in MO called BOSS that uses a masterlist to short your plugins correctly. This is important.

And more stuff, check this: http://www.tesgeneral.com/ The 'Skyrim Guide' sections covers all this and more.

The most essential thing is a good mod management tool. Of course you can install everything manually, but that carries no advantages actually. Most people will say that 'Mod Organizer' is the best one, and they're right, you should really use it.

Then you have SkyUI and SKSE. SkyU changes the awful console interface for a perfect PC one, and also comes with the Mod Configuration Menu, many mods requires it, so you need it. SKSE (skyrim script extender) is also required for many mods so you need it.

After than you have the actual mods. There are two kind of mods, just file replacers (meshes, textures, sounds, etc.) or actual plugins (.esm and .esp) that are loaded with Skyrim and adds new content. You need to integrate a little executable in MO called BOSS that uses a masterlist to short your plugins correctly. This is important.

And more stuff, check this: http://www.tesgeneral.com/ The 'Skyrim Guide' sections covers all this and more.

Follow this and also tbbp, is what I would recommend but that's just me also remember to get hdt_pe you will thank me later :)

Archived