Small mesh-editing question.

eriberri

HI, I'm asking this on behalf of a team mate who is editing a body mesh in 3Ds Max. First, some screenshots.

This is how the mesh looks so far:

post-117191-0-68746800-1394338696_thumb.jpg

This is how the mesh looks when adding a bounding box:

post-117191-0-29356300-1394338711_thumb.jpg

This is what happens when pressing delete:

post-117191-0-27201400-1394338725_thumb.jpg

He wants to edit the mesh more precisely (rather then losing a huge chunk like that), so his question is, 'How do I make the bounding box smaller?'

First at all, dont use Editable Meshes, use Editable Polys they are better for polymodeling... so, to decrease the size of what you are erasing, you have different options. I'll just name you two.

First, insert a loop using "insert loop" or "connect" (for Polys) or just cut around the edges, then delete the unwanted part...

Or, you could just change the movement constraint to "Edge", select the vertexes at that border and scale to increase the size of that "hole" . You should also turn on the (I dont remember the name, and I wont open Max just to look at the name of that setting) but it allows to change the model and affect the UVW at the same time (so you wont have texture stretching issues).

But of course, that one works only on Editable Polys / Edit Poly Modifier.

Archived