Questions about ENB phenomena

Fredas

This may or may not turn into a protracted thread where I bring up new anomalies while trying to finetune my ENB for the first time.  I pretty much settled upon Opethfeldt, though now that I'm more familiar with the possibilities, I may try out RealVision again someday.

First question.  While I intend outdoor sunny scenarios to look legitimately sunny, I also intend to force interiors to try to match vanilla, at least in brightness/contrast/saturation.  I noticed an unusual mismatch:

Vanilla

Screen_Shot69.jpg

Opethfeldt:

Screen_Shot70.jpg

In vanilla, the carpet has a bright area that includes a glare, as evidenced by the glare's bleed into my temp char's head.  This glare is absent from the ENB's representation.  I have not been able to pinpoint what effect the ENB is turning off.  It may be due to the fact that I disabled "bloom" in the ENB because I grew tired of the washed out look (whatever happened to HDR?)  Anyway, if I'm losing glare here, I'm probably losing it in other places, so I'd strongly prefer to know to to re-enable it.

Question two: I happened to notice that my hands in first-person, with Opethfeldt's default settings, tend to be black.  In fact it's not easy to predict how the hands will look.  It seems to depend upon where I stand, at what angle I stand, etc.  Much of the time they are also semitransparent, and a lot of the time they are also a mix of semitransparent black and "normal", in patches.  See for yourself:

Screen_Shot71.jpg

This one is sort of urgent since I will use first-person a fair bit.

Question three.  Torches get their fire details crushed into oblivion:

torches.jpg

(Vanilla on left.)  I'd be interested in knowing what setting(s) is/are responsible for this.  We'll table the consideration of which look is technically more realistic. ;p

Thanks in advance!

Archived