Change Height of 1st Person Camera?

User13

I think there's a Player height adjustable camera mod .  Not sure if it conflicts with anything, but you might want to try it and see if it works.  The easiest way would be to edit the skeleton nif file with nifskope, there's a 1st person node there, just scale it a bit till you're happy with the results.  Of course that means that all your same gender characters will have the same 1st person camera height, so you might want to check something else if you don't like that.

Ok, but will it change 1st person camera height without actually changing your physical height?

Edit - Just tried.  It does not :P  In order to get my 1st person height to where I think it should be (with the NPC looking down at a slight angle, as if I were about shoulder height on them) my toon is like knee high in 3rd person.

Edit 2 - This actually seems to be getting worse the longer I play.  My 3rd person height remains unchanged at about 5'.  My 1st person height now has me at about 8' tall.  My pov in 1st has my face higher than doorjambs.  I'm clipping thru rafters as I move thru homes. 

Ok, but will it change 1st person camera height without actually changing your physical height?

Edit - Just tried.  It does not :P  In order to get my 1st person height to where I think it should be (with the NPC looking down at a slight angle, as if I were about shoulder height on them) my toon is like knee high in 3rd person.

Edit 2 - This actually seems to be getting worse the longer I play.  My 3rd person height remains unchanged at about 5'.  My 1st person height now has me at about 8' tall.  My pov in 1st has my face higher than doorjambs.  I'm clipping thru rafters as I move thru homes. 

I think I removed it in the end but mostly because something with conflicting with it and I couldn't be bothered too much.  Well,  if it doesn't work, then you can use nifskope to edit the skeleton you use and scale up the 1st person node.  Just for the record, you don't have that along with customizable camera, right?

I think I removed it in the end but mostly because something with conflicting with it and I couldn't be bothered too much.  Well,  if it doesn't work, then you can use nifskope to edit the skeleton you use and scale up the 1st person node.  Just for the record, you don't have that along with customizable camera, right?

Well, I have it with Customizable Camera now.  I got the camera mod first.  When that didn't work I tried the 1st person fix.  I had to get Customizable Camera for another toon who was way too far from center for some reason.

Well, I have it with Customizable Camera now.  I got the camera mod first.  When that didn't work I tried the 1st person fix.  I had to get Customizable Camera for another toon who was way too far from center for some reason.

I'm almost certain multiple camera tweak mods don't work that well together.  Anyway, the skeleton is your best bet, but keep in mind that all same-gender characters share the same skeleton.

well what I do with Customizable Camera mod and player height adjustable camera mod to work perfectly.

first I dont use any 117 skeletons, I always use TBBP or HDT skeletons

at charactor creation, I DO NOT touch the racemenu height sliders I leave them at 1

I open MCM menu for player height adjustable camera mod and set it to 1 (default is 1.03 for some reason)

I make my charactor how I want him or her.

then when I get my hands untied I go to a bookshelf (for reference) and open player height adjustable camera mod in MCM

and then set my height that way player height and 1st person camera is at the same level.

then I use Customizable Camera to set the 3rd person camera height.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to get your charactor set back up so 1st person camera and height will match

in console, click on your charactor and use

setscale 1

open racemenu and make sure it is set to 1

open player height adjustable camera mod and make sure its at 1

your 1st person camera and height should be at 1 now.

use player height adjustable camera mod to set the 1st person camera and your height

try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/?

it works great for me

(edit: it doesn't overwrite any skeletons, and you need a hotkey for that, personally I've changed the key F with the hotkey for this mod, basically it uses your third person model)

Thank you, Takamunchi.  That worked perfectly :)

glad you like it I hate it that I have no view to my legs, but with that glorious boobies!

Archived