I've been working on a mod that changes the sheathed position of Two Handed Swords from the character's back to the character's hip.

To accomplish this my plan has been to go into the individual Greatsword meshes and change the NiStringExtraData variable from WeaponBack to WeaponSword (Changing the attachment point from the bone shared by all two handed weapons to the bone used by one handed swords) for the 1st and 3rd person meshes of each Greatsword.  For drawing animations I simply changed the Equip and Unequip animations for two handed swords to be the same as one handed swords.  All this would leave two handed axes and maces with their original animations and positions, and keep all the attack animations for for two handed swords intact.

This worked, for the most part.

The problem I'm encountering now is that when drawing the two handed sword that I'm testing this on the mesh doesn't move from the hip.  The character is left swinging an invisible sword while the sword itself remains sheathed.

Does anyone know of a solution for this problem?

Archived