(Poll, of sorts) What face tints do you use the least?

Fredas

While I haven't actually started the scripting part yet, I do at least know enough now to recognize that the only way I'm going to be able to accomplish my Blushing When Aroused project is by taking advantage of (ie, usurping) the game's own face tint masks.  Here were my options as I saw them:

1: EDialog route.  Custom mesh that hovers in front of the face like a pair of glasses.  Obvious drawback of not actually being part of the face.

2: Bloody Facials route.  Effect shaders.  Not so obvious and apparently unfixable drawback of the shaders "glowing in the dark" in dark environments.  Also potential complications with using more than one shader.

3: Usurp built-in shader.

Originally I was planning to use warpaints because those are rarely used legitimately.  But the game does not allow alpha channel control over them.  Only the face tintmasks.  So that settles it.

With my other modding project no longer distracting me (about 75% done), I've been devoting time to this one.  I've already arranged some pretty good tints and tested them in-game to make sure they look fine.  The biggest hurdle is going to be the poor documentation of the Papyrus language and the heel-dragging nature of charitable responses to scripting questions regardless of where they're asked. ;p  But I know it will help to have a better idea of what tints folks tend to ignore, if any.

I'm going to be using two tints.  One for the basic arousal blush, and other for a fuller flush during actual sex.  It may seem like common sense to replace the nose tint, but the truth is that "tints" are used to give faces character more than to suggest an emotional state, and the nose is likely one of the more commonly used ones.  Here is the list of available tints, at least as far as ECE is concerned:

Cheek Color, Laugh Lines, Cheek Color Lower, Nose Color, Chin Color, Neck Color, Forehead Color, Eye Liner Color, Eye Shadow, Eye Tint, Lip Color.

Looking for votes for two, in order of descending importance.

What follows are some off-topic modding-related questions.

What script snippet or CK-based function can be used to force the player to stand (stop sneaking)?

Documentation or an explanation of Math.LeftShift / Math.RightShift would be appreciated.

Would be interested in learning whether or not it would be possible to use custom tints in "unused" tint slots, ie by defining a TintMaskTexturePath for tints exceeding the vanilla maximum (15+).  An actual example of SetTintMaskTexturePath being used would also be helpful.

Archived