How to edit weapon position in NifSkope ?

Step one:  Backup your skeleton first!  Nifskope does not have an undo button, and is prone to a fuckery most heinous.

Step two:  Find the node you want to move. Quivers are linked to QUIVER for example, should be pretty obvious which ones you want. I don't think any names are in short form or anything.

Step three: Right click said node, Transform > edit,  a new window will open.

Step four:  make your adjustments, Translation is position, Rotation is uhm the rotation. Scale will change the size.

X = backward/forward Y = left/right  Z =  Up/down

MAKE Small adjustments at time, so you don't end up with something silly happening like an equipped weapon floating off 10 feet away.

Click accept.

Step five:  Right click node again,  Transform > Apply.

Click spells at the top, batch > update tangent spaces   (<- not 100% sure that's needed but I do it out of habit from other edits I do in nif)

Step six: Double check that you did step one. 

Step seven: Save your edit.

Step eight: Test in game

Step nine:  Swear a lot.

Step ten: go back to step 2 and repeat until you get desired results.

Also, if you mess up something, don't be afraid to just flat out start over. Take notes of the changes you make as you go, in case you do start over, but already have a weapon or two in a perfect spot (make more backups as you go too, but always keep a back up of the original).

all the female stuff happens on the skeleton_female.nif,

skeleton.nif is male only

Beast races (argonian khajiit) use skeletonbeast (male only), and skeletonbeast_female.nif (female only)

"Shouldn't" do anything to hdt stuff.

EDIT!!!!

Custom races sometimes (read as often)  have their own skeleton

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kimbale

Step one:  Backup your skeleton first!  Nifskope does not have an undo button, and is prone to a fuckery most heinous.

Step two:  Find the node you want to move. Quivers are linked to QUIVER for example, should be pretty obvious which ones you want. I don't think any names are in short form or anything.

Step three: Right click said node, Transform > edit,  a new window will open.

Step four:  make your adjustments, Translation is position, Rotation is uhm the rotation. Scale will change the size.

X = backward/forward Y = left/right  Z =  Up/down

MAKE Small adjustments at time, so you don't end up with something silly happening like an equipped weapon floating off 10 feet away.

Click accept.

Step five:  Right click node again,  Transform > Apply.

Click spells at the top, batch > update tangent spaces   (<- not 100% sure that's needed but I do it out of habit from other edits I do in nif)

Step six: Double check that you did step one. 

Step seven: Save your edit.

Step eight: Test in game

Step nine:  Swear a lot.

Step ten: go back to step 2 and repeat until you get desired results.

Also, if you mess up something, don't be afraid to just flat out start over. Take notes of the changes you make as you go, in case you do start over, but already have a weapon or two in a perfect spot (make more backups as you go too, but always keep a back up of the original).

How do you change stuff in small increments in nifskope?

I can only set values in full steps (ie 1.0000 to 2.0000 to 3.0000 etc) and can't put in numbers by typing.

Do i have to set up nifskope to allow this...?

EDIT: *Facepalm* You can only replace numbers. Delete a number, put another one in before nifskope "corrects" it...

Archived