New Armor Project - Requesting Help -CBBE

Vancien

Hello Lovelies, 

I am not sure this post is in the exact place it should be. However, it seemed appropriate given the nature of my request for a set of armor I wish to create, or recreate. You'll see in the pictures exactly what it is that I am trying to create. I have searched the web trying to find this armor which has been created by someone as the image I am posting was taken from this very site. 

This is what I wish to recreate, perhaps with my own twist. 

post-296926-0-11029200-1390582159_thumb.jpg

Sorry if that takes up a huge space on the page. I couldn't find the spoiler button. 

So, first of all I did find the Daedric Chain in the picture from this forum which I have downloaded. There are two separate sets. One with original Daedric shoulders and one without. I have no idea who the author of this armor is or was. If you know who this person was or is please point me in their direction as I'd like to get their permission to create this armor and share it with others. 

This armor has been requested many times, to no avail though the exact armor does not seem to exist in a mod setup or armor set. Other than the chain set that is not the Royal Shoulders. 

Second, the shoulders in the image are from the Royal Daedric set created by GarryG found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3104/?

I have contacted GarryG the author in regards to modifying his armor, rather combining them with the set of Daedric Chain to recreate the armor in the above image. 

GarryG's response: 

"Hi!

I want to say that i'm heard many times about those errors/warnings with models, but i never got any errors during edition in  Nifscope(1.1.3.36)  or 3DS Mzx 2012. Another situation with CK. I builded this mod long time ago in SkyEdit(0.046a) and hex editor, and this is a reason of all those troubles with ESP module. But i have no idea why is that happens. And more important i don't have sufficient desire and time to figure it out. Sorry, but you on your own in this matter. 
But, anyway, you have my permission to use this mod(its content) in your works.

Good luck!"

Now, I honestly have no idea what he is talking about the errors and such. I merely made my request to modify his armor and combine it with the Daedric chain. However, I told him about trying to modify it using Nifskope and trying to figure out how to break down his armor in sections or pieces. The nif file seems to be a full on solid mesh structure. Not in separate pieces I can just delete. Perhaps he misunderstood me. 

Which brings me to my request here. I am not the most versed person with modding. In fact, I'll be completely honest and say I am a friggin mod noob. I have used Nifskope to modify things but I have never created or published a mod for Skyrim myself. I created things in Unreal Tournament years ago and went to college for multimedia web design back in '02. So my days of 3DSM are long since past and I do not have a copy of it to use. 

That said, I am requesting any help, assistance, resources and man/woman power from any and all of you here. There are many designers I have seen her that work with CBBE, armor creation, manipulation etc that are very talented. I am confident that someone here will be willing to partner up with me on this task and help create this set of armor of which others can enjoy. If possible, I'd certainly like to create a stand alone mod that would add this as a craftable set of gear to the game. Combining both aesthetics of the Chain with the Royal models. 

So my plea is here for one of you many talented or several designers to step up and assist me. I feel that this could be the start of a wonderful relationship(s). I am more than willing to invest the time and learn whatever I can about modding in order to achieve this goal. I have watched tutorials and videos relating to this and have come up short in modifying this myself. I can't seem to get it right, so I am not afraid to ask for help. I know when I am in over my head.

Lastly, I do not want to hurt the integrity of my game and break it. I just do not know enough about creating mods to do this confidently.

Please, any feedback or general direction pointing is appreciated.

Best, 

Vancien 

Hello there and welcome to LoversLab :).

It seems you had prior experience with 3d arts so working on Skyrim models should be easier for you :).

You mentioned you worked in 3dsmax, but your license ended. In this case Blender is a very good alternative.

Currently Blender 2.49b supports .nif & .kf files and with some minor tweaks in NifSkope you can import and export .nif models.
Although Blender 2.49b is fully compatible, you can still use the newest version of Blender for all of your work and then just pass it to Blender 2.49b for import/export.

If you need assistance with working in Blender I and many other modders can help you :). Unfortunately, I have 2 projects on my schedule and can't do the modeling part directly :(.

Hi Ryu, 

Thank you for the response and welcome.  :shy:

I'll look into that Blender and see what I can dig into on this project. I'm likely going to need all of the help I can get. This may not be as complex as I think it is, my brain probably just needs more refreshing and less beer. I'll seek you out when the time comes for questions. Again, I appreciate your willingness to assist. 

Best, 
Van

Archived