Oblivion and SLI and performance

Sunja44

For my system specs I point to my signature.

As I play Skyrim and Oblivion I realized that while I play a heavily modded Skyrim (over 200 mods) + a heavy ENB preset I still have 30 to 50 fps outdoors left and 40 to 60 fps indoors (vsynced at 60 fps) and this on a 27'' 2560 x 1440 resolution screen.

In Oblivion I use ATE (A Tweaked ENB) and have around 100 mods installed, 70 of them come along with an .esp. I use Quorl's Texture pack, but I deinstalled Better Cities again (5fps in IC isn't cool) and never installed Oblivion Overhaul. The most of my mods beautify NPCs and add bodies, armors and outfits and maybe some weapons.

My fps in Oblivion drops occasionally to below 10 fps and is usually around 25 fps according ATE in game ENB GUI.

I have patched Oblivion with the 4 GB patch.

As you might realize I use a TITAN SLI system and  - although I have a 2560 x 1440 resolution monitor - this fps counts appear to be very low and strange to me. I set the Oblivion SLI profile in Nvidia Inspector, but sometimes I wonder if my Oblivion is running only on one card nevertheless. 

i7 2600K. Thx for the replies. Maybe I will run my processor overclocked (stable UEFI BIOS oc preset), maybe it helps somewhat, but if Oblivion is really such a CPU heavy game and ignores my grafic cards, I call that an engine design failure.

The game came out almost 8 years ago, and ran like shit then too. Back then Pentium 4 was hot shit. You had like 3.0 Ghz on one core and the framerate was still garbage in cities.

Gamebryo shit just sucks.

Although try Oblivion Stutter Remover. Some of the hashtable and heap replacers helped my framerate. 

Archived