Modders: How to cause a texture overlay to fade in/out?

Fredas

I have actually tried on a couple of other occasions to get an answer to this.  Before I tackle the "how" of getting it done, I need to know:

Is it possible, as a scripting function, to force a texture overlay (such as the blood textures used in Bloody Facials) to fade in / fade out?  That is, to display with a variable level of transparency.

In the interest of finally making some progress on my mod plans, I'll leave it at that for now.  Replies greatly appreciated.

Some mods already do that. Frostfall with the skin when high cold exposure, Sexlab Hormones with the tone of the skin according to sexual activity, Sexlab itself with cum effects (they appear suddently but they fade out later)... I'm sure skyrimll and other papyrus gurus here know how to do that. Better ask around sexlab sections or those authors, if its related to your idea you posted the other day.

Some mods already do that. Frostfall with the skin when high cold exposure, Sexlab Hormones with the tone of the skin according to sexual activity, Sexlab itself with cum effects (they appear suddently but they fade out later)... I'm sure skyrimll and other papyrus gurus here know how to do that. Better ask around sexlab sections or those authors, if its related to your idea you posted the other day.

I'll take a look at those.  I felt like being more specific in my OP but I didn't want to scare away any possible answers.  Fact of the matter is I'm wondering specifically about the face (not the body, as with the examples you listed), and I gather that getting things to work on the face is a different beast from how it goes with the body.

It seems like Hormones accomplishes its variable effects with commands which take control over the player's tint masks.  Sexlab's effects are accomplished with textures, but it seems like they're just turning on and off, and the fadeout effect may be built into Skyrim's engine for how it handles spell effects.  I'll need to ask. ;p

Archived