skeleton_female.hkx, huge issue !

Redflyingmonkey

Just a thought and tbh I have no idea but have you had any issues with animations that are driven by FNIS? the idea of deleting skeleton to get HDT to work is what is keeping me from trying it as many of the mods I want to use are FNIS dependent I was hoping for some indication of how this worked out.

That's the reason why I made the post in the first place aha, I was afraid this was going to cause problem on the long term, but it doesn't. All the animations work properly, what skeleton_female.hkx adds is only the breast bones animation, which you don't need since HDT uses the already existing breast bones and applies physics to them. 

The thing is that the .hkx seems to have kind of a "bridge" system to it, telling FNIS how many bones there are on the body at the time of the behavior update. If the .hkx is not there, it'll not look any further and think you actually have only the vanilla skeleton, when you don't. That also means it updates all the animation and behavior files regardless, since FNIS is (luckily) not equipped with an exception patch path. So the patcher actually updates the behaviors regardless of the number of bones (that's why if you install TBBP without a proper skeleton you get the "T-Pose", FNIS does his thing even if you had only 1 bone on your body.)

And yeah, since it's still a BETA I'm sure it'll be solved in the next version. 

So, in short, you don't have anything to fear about deleting .hkx as it doesn't make your game go bonkers (as long as you do install HDT).

Archived