My NMM pluggins are unchecking themselves or cuasing my Data pluggins to uncheck

vraven1997

Hey guys, I know this issues has come up a lot in the past and there are tons of post on it, but so far i've found nothing to help me.  So i'll explain what i've done and whats going on.

(I'm running Windows 7) just a fyi

Everything was working fine and all with all the many many mods i've had installed.  Then my hard drive got full -_-  .  So then i decided to install skyrim on my 2nd Internal hard drive (D:) 

Which everything went smooth and it ran fine.  And for NMM i went to settings, and under the skyrim tab, i made all the corrections I needed so NMM could place the pluggins in the right file pathway.  And for the install and file directory, I used the same pathways as it was when skyrim was installed on my (C:) drive, except I changed it to (D:) and created the missing folders in my (D:)  .  And of course i uploaded my data backup of my previous mods that I manually installed, back in the new skyrim data folder so that I would have my old mods.  Which worked fine and mods worked normally as they have been.  Now that mods that I have installed through with NMM is where the problem starts.

Basicly when i check all the pluggins in NMM and start up skyrim.  All my mods that were in the Data section of the skyrim launcher will get unchecked.  Not to mention it will reset the load order in the Data section of the launcher.  Now when I recheck all the mods in the Data section of the launcher and run the game, the mods work, but then the pluggins in the NMM section get unchecked except for the skyrim.esm and update.esm. 

I've already checked both the skyrimpref.ini in the documents section and the skyrim data foler and they both have the [Launcher] bEnableFileSelection=1 done as they have been in the past.  And I already found the "Plugins.txt" and "DLClist.txt" and tried to change the read only box, which some reason when i uncheck the box and click on apply and okay, I would go back immedietly afterwards and the box still has the blue square filled in so i don't know if that means it's still not unchecked or what but I've tried it.  I also set NMM and Skyrim to run as administrator.

So yeah, i'm out of ideas.  like I said before, I've had tons of mods, all installed using either NMM or manually and never had problems.  Since i've installed skyrim on my (D:) drive, that's when the s*** hit the fan.  No CTD's have happened it's just the damn pluggins unplug eachother as if they aren't getting along.  The only thing i can think might be an issue is maybe NMM is having trouble recognizing the manually installed mods or something because of the pathways I've created for it since I installed skyrim on my (D:) drive.

So please someone help me sad.gif

you can find this on nexus forums to if you want to reply there

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1307869-pluggins-unchecking-themselves-either-in-nmm-or-launcher-data/

This happens to me all the time. Any time I add something with NMM, it's like my plugins will default back to what I had before and I think it's certain mods that just do it because I had my plugins in now all set and if I were to add something with NMM it would go back to like a previous load order I had before and any new plugins I added before that mod are unchecked and I have to go through and add them again. I'm not sure about this, but it seems it might be some mods that just do it. I could be horribly wrong on that.

yeah i wasn't sure if maybe it was from me setting up a wrong pathway for NMM to look for my mods i have installed manually or something.  This is the first time i've installed a game on my D drive so i wasnt sure if it was me.  I had to create a folder pathway that matched like the C: drive version but of course i changed out the C: to D: and created the vanilla folders that werent there.  I'm sure i could just manually install everything but I'm just trying to avoid that.

It's just wierd this happened.  I've never had issues like this before until i installed skyrim on my D drive.

Yeah like I said I have on my C drive all legit copy of skyrim and it just happens. It's not every mod though which confuses me. Just like you no CTD and everything works fine and I make sure with tesvedit to make sure everything loads so like I said I think just some mods do it. It wont happen when I install certain mods, like I said it confuses me. It's just really a pain in the ass to always have to check them again.

Archived