Need help on removing parts and texturing

Hi guys, first of all let me say that i'm not very confident with the tools u need to use to modify armors in general. Today i downloaded nifskope trying to remove an armor part without success cause it belonged to a "bigger block" so i coudn't elminate that without eliminating the rest. Any help for this matter? Also i would like to replace the textures of this armor with textures that belongs to another armor that i downloaded, but i really don't know how to do that. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Here you go. If there's a problem, let me know where I can download this mod so I can test it ingame with textures.

You really don't know how much i am grateful for this! Really thanks a loottttttttttttttttttttttt! :D

However i found that unfortunately the armor is broken with black vertices when i use it at my favourite weight (0.5), while it's perfect at 0 and 1.

The armor comes from here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25846/? it's called viridinium hauberk

and the texture i wished to apply from here : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3104/?

Thanks again for help =)

Guest Ragna_Rok

first of all, texturing armor is a special thing. if you have some stuff, and make a retex, like chaning color from blue to yellow, that doesnt take long. but what you try to do is basically taking a very highly detailed from someone that definitely knows his business, and put it over to another armor.

in short: the nif file is the meshes, the dds file the textures. theres one important part you also have to think about, its the so called "uv-meshing" that basically defines how your dds-file is wrapped around the nif.

now, if you as an easy example, would want regular steel armor to look daedric... whoa. this is not out of my league, but i would have to waist like a whole week or so for that. maybe there are ppl more skilled texture-wise around here, but oh boy, that wont be easy.

first of all, texturing armor is a special thing. if you have some stuff, and make a retex, like chaning color from blue to yellow, that doesnt take long. but what you try to do is basically taking a very highly detailed from someone that definitely knows his business, and put it over to another armor.

in short: the nif file is the meshes, the dds file the textures. theres one important part you also have to think about, its the so called "uv-meshing" that basically defines how your dds-file is wrapped around the nif.

now, if you as an easy example, would want regular steel armor to look daedric... whoa. this is not out of my league, but i would have to waist like a whole week or so for that. maybe there are ppl more skilled texture-wise around here, but oh boy, that wont be easy.

Yeah i figured that one day ago when i lost a bit of time. The problem here (apart from the time that it will eventually take) is the entire process. I really don't mind losing even some hours just to retexture a very small part of the armor, as long as i will be' able to continue even a little by little.

Archived