MyTPC - My Toggle Player Camera

File Name: MyTPC - My Toggle Player Camera

File Submitter: demack

File Submitted: 01 Jan 2014

File Category: Other

Requires: SkyUI 4.0 or newer and SKSE 1.6.15 or newer

Customizable Camera is a awesome mod in its own right!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?

I am a video person. I like to be able to make videos for me and friends. The thing is that the camera in the default game is lacking so I wanted a mod that added some degree of freedom for the avatar and wanted to be able to move the camera position without breaking things. Sitting down on throne or getting into a awkward position in a dungeon made it frustrating. SexLab had problems with toggling free fly camera.

I came across Customizable Camera Mod and was using it as a means to open the UI and set the camera angle. After a comment by someone about the clumsy controls, I got to thinking of how to make a feature of moving the camera position on live game without having to constantly open the menu thus MyTPC (My Toggle Player Camera) was born.

Since Customizable Camera already contains many of the features I got to thinking I would just add my code to the mod and use it for personal use.

After thinking it through I decided to show the SexLab community a better way of using the free fly camera and eliminate many of the animation issues, crashing to desktop and so on. I was tempted to just add the code to the framework but then it was limited to SexLab. Also, I would have to code a lot of configuration stuff already existing.

Since Customizable Camera has all the features I want and writing redundant code a waste of time I decided to ask the creator of Customizable Camera Mod to just include my code into their mod. It was decided to just make a new mod that over writes the Customizable camera mod for those that want the toggle feature. So I got permission to do so. This opens the door to a lot more users also. It’s a win for everyone.

What is MyTPC?

MyTPC is simple code that hooks the keyboard in script. It captures the scroll lock key and toggles the ability to move the camera with the arrow keys.

Now can be configured!

Press Scroll lock to toggle on press scroll lock again to toggle off!

Up arrow key moves the camera upward on the vertical axis
Down arrow key moves the camera Downward on the vertical axis
Left arrow key moves the camera to the left on the Horizontal axis
Right arrow key moves the camera to the right on the Horizontal axis

What is MyTPC good for?

Capturing video or take screen shots with the player at any angle in idle state!

How to install:

Easiest is Use NMM

If you want to install manually just unzip into your base skyrim folder and set the mod active.

How to Uninstall:

Easiest is use NMM

Manually - remove

Delete Customizable Camera.esp from your data folder.
Delete CustomizableCamera.pex from data\scripts
Delete CustomizableCamera.psc from data\scripts\source

If you are not using SkyUI for other mods

Delete ski_playerloadgamealias.pex from data\scripts
Delete ski_playerloadgamealias.psc from data\scripts\source

Cretits:

Arindel for the original code! saved me a lot of time and work.
omega2008 for permission!

download.png
Click here to download this file

It sounds neat, but I have a few questions.

The text talks about myTPC, but the mod name is called DeMack. Are these the same things?

Is there any way to keep all the functionality of Customizable Camera Controls and use this mod too?

Thanks

It sounds neat, but I have a few questions.

The text talks about myTPC, but the mod name is called DeMack. Are these the same things?

Is there any way to keep all the functionality of Customizable Camera Controls and use this mod too?

Thanks

The file ended up somehow in the wrong section and the moderator moved it. I just fixed the title.

The mod is Customizable Camera with the toggle player camera added so it has all functionality of customizable camera in it.

There is a problem when initial install and the camera will not work correctly.

The follow symptoms are:

When you toggle the camera and press the down arrow the camera will move upward. If you press the left arrow the camera will move right.

To fix this:

Open the customizable configuration and set the speed and distance.

I will correct this in the next release.

P.S. I went ahead and tried it with 1.82 of CC, and it works great! I really like it. But, I am having one issue. It seems to break the 'View Mode' of CC. There's a key that will toggle to an alternate Height and Distance. But with your mod installed, only the new distance is applied. the Height doesn't change to the 'View' value like it used to.  FYI.

P.S. I went ahead and tried it with 1.82 of CC, and it works great! I really like it. But, I am having one issue. It seems to break the 'View Mode' of CC. There's a key that will toggle to an alternate Height and Distance. But with your mod installed, only the new distance is applied. the Height doesn't change to the 'View' value like it used to.  FYI.

OK thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it. The file you download over writes CC FYI. Only install if you want a pan camera. I may have to disable pan when hitting other modes. If you decide to remove it by chance and want CC back just over write it with CC.

I have updated and fixed some bugs.

Release 1.13

- Fixed a bug that was not allowing other keys to trigger the pan function automatically

- Fixed a bug that caused the up and left pan function to move to max x and y in the reverse direction on a fresh game or a game without the configuration.

- Fixed a bug that affected the view height not to work as intended.

- If you press for view mode or toggle the swap side it now disables the pan function. You have to retoggle it.

- For modders: Changed variable names to make it easier to identify the cameras.

- Made Cosmetic change in configuration.

- Removed Sky_UI files from archive.

Just a heads up, SweetFX also uses scroll lock to turn on/off. However, SweetFX allows key binds. So if you're using SweetFX with this mod, rebind your keys or you will turn off SweetFX.

You can also remap the key binding of this mod.

I decided to give this a try. I've never really had problems (mentioned or not) using TFC, and have been quite content with "Enhanced 3rd Person Camera", but the stated features of this intrigued me.

Overall, I must admit to being disappointed. I didn't expect this to be able to best TFC in freedom (that's impossible), but it's really not quite what I thought it was. It's a bit clunky, doesn't play well with a 360 controller, and not useful for overall screens/videos. Zooming especially just does not have the freedom of movement/placement as TFC, and it's tough to maneuver in a timely fashion. It's certainly better than "Enhanced 3rd Person Camera" in features, but I can't see this being as useful for video/pictures as TFC for me, so the usage I thought I might have for it won't be realized, and so it's merits aren't of any benefit to me personally.

Unfortunately, while I did initially consider leaving this installed in place of Enhanced 3rd Person Camera as a regular camera customizer, it seems to suffer from a noticeable lag/delay when switching from 1st and 3rd person; a couple of seconds. It's enough that I just went back to what I was using, since I had virtually no delay with what I had going before.

I do thank you for the effort, and for sharing it with people though.

I decided to give this a try. I've never really had problems (mentioned or not) using TFC, and have been quite content with "Enhanced 3rd Person Camera", but the stated features of this intrigued me.

Overall, I must admit to being disappointed. I didn't expect this to be able to best TFC in freedom (that's impossible), but it's really not quite what I thought it was. It's a bit clunky, doesn't play well with a 360 controller, and not useful for overall screens/videos. Zooming especially just does not have the freedom of movement/placement as TFC, and it's tough to maneuver in a timely fashion. It's certainly better than "Enhanced 3rd Person Camera" in features, but I can't see this being as useful for video/pictures as TFC for me, so the usage I thought I might have for it won't be realized, and so it's merits aren't of any benefit to me personally.

Unfortunately, while I did initially consider leaving this installed in place of Enhanced 3rd Person Camera as a regular camera customizer, it seems to suffer from a noticeable lag/delay when switching from 1st and 3rd person; a couple of seconds. It's enough that I just went back to what I was using, since I had virtually no delay with what I had going before.

I do thank you for the effort, and for sharing it with people though.

The switching speed is configurable.

No this is not as free as the tfc function but it does not suffer the problems of tfc.

personally the TFC camera I hated. the only way you could control camera height (which is very important), was to angle your view up and down and then move forward or backward. I hated that.

This one is much better because you can directly control Height and offset from center pivot, and use scroll wheel to control distance. So you have exacting control over all 3 axis. and it pivots around you, so it's always focused where it should be.

I don't even own a 360 controller so can't talk to that, and could care less about it. :)

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

But yes, the fact that it doesn't cause CTD with Sexlab is probably the #1 reason it's great. ;)

I put this in SexLab forum but it is relevant here as well. Edited out a couple sentences but the basis of this is the reason I went and made this mod in the first place.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you're using TFC you are asking for BIG problems when scripts are trying to access your character. TFC is a nightmare because in TFC the reference to player is null. It causes many problems when reference to player is null. It is not SexLab that is the problem either it is ANY script that is trying to access your avatar while in free camera!

Now to see this for yourself do the following.

Disable ALL mods except Skyrim and update (you can even disable update if you want but I want you to see that update did not fix this bug). Run TESV and not SKSE then Load a save game. Do TFC from console and save the game then load that save. You will see that the avatar is nowhere to be found and since you're in free camera look all over the area.

Now exit the game to desktop and restart the game and load the new save you just made. Your character is where? At 0,0,0 because you are in TFC when you saved the game and your character is NULL it does not exist! Since no scripts are running you will not CDT.

Now open console and tfc. Your character will appear in the correct location and the camera will snap to the character and everything works!

Now go back and enable all mods except any reference to SexLab. Run it with SKSE and load the same saved game you originally loaded when running TESV. Open console and TFC and save it and try to reload it. If ANY scripts are running it will CDT. Now exit the game completely. Restart but this time open the console BEFORE loading the game and type TFC. Again load the original save as in the previous runs. Then try to do combat (press R) then mouse buttons. NOTHING WORKS!

This explains it to the nth degree as to what happens when you tfc while scripts are accessing your character and it will prove that SexLab is NOT the problem. It is the script engine itself trying to reference a null device (your character) and is the reason I made a mod to fix this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I should put the new update up or not. It depends on how people feel about it becoming sort of a cheat. I want to get some feedback first before I make this release so if no one replies it stands at 1.13.

Here is the scoop.

I made a change to the minimum view distance that allows you to zoom past 0 with the mouse wheel. In order to keep the camera from going into first person I set it at a large enough value that it will Zoom up to 2000 units.

Why does this make it a cheat?

You can now get visual information beyond the detect distance of mobs.

If I reduce it to a couple hundred units it sometimes goes into first person when you zoom in on some of the scenes where the player is further out on the Y axis.

I also added a 8th zoom level which make for high precision camera movement.