Knock, Knock... Mama's Home! - Skyrim FFic Start-off

Hentai-chan

For mere self-entertainment and self-indulgence, I have been working on something of a fan faction of my very own and thought I should share it. It's title is 'Knock, Knock... Mama's Home!' It is the story of a powerful renegade vampire that terrorizes Tamriel, who was at first rightly feared but later became somewhat more compassionate while still maintaining her neither-hero-nor-villain-but-also-both-at-the-same-time personality. I based it on my character, Birne, who you may see in the spoiler.

pl18.png

One of the reasons I am sharing this is because my knowledge of Tamriel is limited to Skyrim exclusively. I can definitely make some inquiries of my own to have a better understanding of the cultures that had been born in it. But I can do only so much, by myself. I thought sharing this here with people that likely to be better informed than I would be more productive and slightly less time-consuming. I will put what I have come up with so far in spoilers so the post takes less space.

Birne's Background (WIP)

She was born in the 1E 98. A fair lass born to a Nord family, on a farm to the south of Lake Honnith, what is now called Lake Honrich. Being the firstborn, she was highly gifted. Where it would take others month to even adapt, she could master in a manner of weeks. Her father taught her Way of the Sword, which he claims to have learned from the now-extinct Akaviri. But impulsivity as a result of her youth, it often would get her into trouble, which would always be followed by a lecture from her father.

Swordplay was never her only talent, or interest, though. At the age of ten she discovered that a spectacular talent in magic. When her father found out, she forbid her from practicing magic. That, however, did not stop her. She knew that there was a burning desire inside her. A desire to learn, a craving for knowledge. The place where they lived had enough traffic where travellers would stop by to rest for a spell. Being more cunning than despite her innocent appearance, she always "checked" their bags hoping to find a spell book or any book she can get her hands on. Sometimes she would get caught, sometimes she would get away with it. Studying what few books can "acquire", she studied magic despite her father's explicit imparative. For he was a typical Nord who was not fond of magic, at all. He was always aware of what she was doing, though, seeing it never actually caused any harm he kept his silence, still keeping vigil. Often enough, her mishaps were always small miscalculations that could easily corrected. One day, she thought to advance her understanding of shock magic. She had already been adept at fire magic, and could cast a few ice spells but whenever she attempted to cast a shock spell, it just wouldn't work. She is the sort of person that when she is frustrated by her shortcomings, she meets them head on. She had several books all of them instructing on how cast shock magic. She read the books over and over to cast a single spell but to no avail. Because she had stayed up all night, trying to studying magic, she could never do her chores. And one fateful night, she had finally managed to cast a shock spell. But it was so powerful that it set off an explosion. Awakened by a wild explosion, her father immediately headed to Birne's room and couldn't find her. He heard the sound of raging flames and the faint coughing of Birne coming from the cellar. He rushed there to find the cellar door wouldn't budge. The coughing of Birne was becoming more and more faint. Terrified at the thought of losing his daughter, he tore the door off. To be continued...

That's it for today. If you have any ideas, don't hesitate to bring them up. If you are interested, I'll be editing the starting post so anyone who stumbles in will be up-to-date and know what's going on.

Thanks for reading the whole thing. Thank you!

Archived