Picturing-Scanning Face Maker

banshe

Back in Fallout 3 there was this neat tool that, if you provided a mugshot like picture and adjusted a set of markers onto it to nose, chin, cheek bones and such, the tool would make a 3D render of the picture and that render could then be used on Fallout 3, overwriting the character's face on a saved game, via the facial exchange mod. I don't remember the name of that tool, I don't think it was related to Fallout 3 at all, it might just have been a commercial product because textures on the face render had this 'trial' on their foreheads, but the 3D render file they produced WAS compatible with the Fallout Face Exchange, and the Exchange just took the model, not the texture applied to the render, so no trial on forehead. Anyway I'm wondering if anyone remembers what this tool was; I know a bunch of people used it, and if there is a New Vegas version of the Face Exchange. Though the FO3 probably works with NV, as they might be close enough.

Guest endgameaddiction

You mean this... FaceGen Modeller.

As far as porting the .fg files over onto Fallout 3, I've been wanting to figure that out myself. I have never found out how to do it, so I've always resorted to the facegen like feature in GECK to do the tweaking. Here is a list of other related material that is available for Fallout 3.

FaceGen Exchanger

FaceGen Exchange for FO3Edit

Riven's Famous People
FaceGen Race

FaceGen Texture Tutorial

FaceGen Parts

Guest carywinton

You are referring to SI FaceGen Moddler, Yes it is a commercial product and runs about $300. It's far more expensive for the commercial licensed product allowing for distribution.
This is what was used to make Riven's Famous People, which I have tried to use and import into Fallout 3 , but did not import well at all. So I am thinking that it really takes the full program to get it to all behave correctly.

http://www.facegen.com/moddler.html

Archived