Looking for a game, slightly similar in concept to XCOM

MrMan11

I remember a game that I played a few months ago briefly, it seemed similar in concept to XCOM, except it was spaceship based, and it involved defense of the Solar system against alien invaders, can anyone send me in the direction of it?  I've been trying to find it for a while, but no luck.

Probably FTL.

~edit~

Oh that's not it...well probably not. I know what you're talking about now. I'll see if I can find it.

It was like 8 or 16 bit and you had to have people in the rooms for that part of the ship to work and stuff could catch on fire if your ship was boarded?

Star Command.

Uhm, it was much more like XCOM though, I think it was inspired by XCOM, you controlled a whole fleet/organisation, trying to protect earth from an invasion, in much the same way as XCOM, you couldn't leave the solar system as far as I know?

Archived