More about installing ENB

Elitist

Now i have an easily replaceable skyrim file, still in the default steam location. tested it once as vanilla, game detected my video card. put in latest ENB binary (without also putting in enbhost.ini) then opened Poupouri Morningstar (extended) and put the contents of the two files where their names instruct.

Now the launcher cannot detect my gt650m.

I have the skyrimpref.ini open from the /mygames directory in notepad, and there is a line:
sD3DDevice="Intel® HD Graphics 4000"

will simply editing that line to match my videocard work? or is there something else?

If i can get the game to detect my card everything from that point on should be within my "expertise". what a cliffhanger.

except that bShadowsOnGrass=0 still isn't showing up in either skyrimprefs.ini  <_<

The wrong videocard issue happens aswell with your clean skyrim, without d3d9.dll?

As for the line, tipe bShadowsOnGrass=1 under display yourself, if its not there by default it only means that its hidden

no, only after copying said file into the skyrim folder. Is it just that I am using a mobile gpu chip?

I am looking at a thread right now that includes a post (very last) claiming to have made the wrapper version use the dedicated card by forcing it through the Nvidia control panel. I had steam make a shortcut but that does not show up.

So i made a shortcut of the TESV.exe itself and put it in the desktop. Nvidia control panel detects it, i set it to be run by my dedicated GPU. boot up the game via the TESV.exe shortcut, launcher comes up, i check the options, and it says Intel HD 4000.

He may just be lying of course. I'm going to try the ENBinjector.

edit: i will include the enbhost.exe. yes, that is what i meant, sorry.

Im not really an expert in therms of enb series and drivers/hardware issues, but if the creator of enb series himself states that in your case you should be using the injector version instead, Id personally wouldnt bother trying to get the wrapper version to work, Im not sure what's the gain either of using wrapper over injector except that with the injector you have to run the exe everytime you run skyrim...

Im not really an expert in therms of enb series and drivers/hardware issues, but if the creator of enb series himself states that in your case you should be using the injector version instead, Id personally wouldnt bother trying to get the wrapper version to work, Im not sure what's the gain either of using wrapper over injector except that with the injector you have to run the exe everytime you run skyrim...

i'll just stick to the injector than. i appreciate your help.

well, oddly enough, after having removed all non-vanilla files, having steam validate my game cache, and subsequently checking the skyrimprefs.ini in the /mygames directory to ensure they have been reverted to default, my launcher still refuses to detect my gpu. I was only checking to make sure I could proceed to try the ENB injector.

anyone have any idea about this? should i just replace the skyrim folder in steam with my backup?

edit: went back and looked, all my ENB files were back right where i had deleted them from. what causes that?

well, checked my backup, (thank god it is still vanilla) and am now replacing the skyrim folder in the steam directory.

i wonder what incomprehensible abomination will show up next.

Tried deleting renderinfo.txt in the same folder and running the launcher again?

no, i have not. I will try that next time the issue pops up.

that would be located in the main skyrim file?

edit: checked my backup, didnt see it there. how does that affect deleted files reappearing in my skyrim folder?

Archived