Problems importing face data onto follower via CK, help needed.

NebulaNine

I've just recently delved into using the Creation Kit for the first time in the hopes of creating a custom follower, but didn't realize what a pain it would turn out to be. I created this player model (http://imgur.com/0wb36Jp) using a combination of RaceMenu, RaceMenu Overlays, and Extended Character Edit. I've read through countless guides and have the basics of what I'm supposed to do, but when it comes to executing it in the Creation Kit it all falls apart and my follower gets the right body but a normal face (http://imgur.com/1pzo1Pp).

When loading up the Creation Kit, what .esp's/.esm's am I supposed to load? I've tried loading up: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, the three Apachii Hair.esm, RaceMenu.esp, RacemenuOverlays.esp, and the two that come with Extended Character Edit. I've tried a combination of importing the .npc file that I took from my character in-game and exporting it from there, then I tried setting the nose type to 32, as ECE has instructed, and other combinations of importing and exporting but nothing will work. If anyone has a master guide on the importing of characters or is a wizard of the Creation Kit, your help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're using a player save, then this is what you need to do.

1) Get all the mods that you need for your character.

2) After you've finished with her, SAVE.

3) Open the console with the `/~ key next to the 1.

4) Type in spf (whatever name you want). What this command does is save person to face file. Essentially, it creates an exact replica of the face that you want to export to your new companion.

5) Load up CK and find the companion you want changed.

6) On the tabs, find the character gen parts and click on the Import button. This gets the CK to find a compatible Skyrim face file. Luckily for us, we've already saved one. Click on the file that you've created.

7) And there you go. The character is loaded directly into CK. Note that this will change the face slightly since the face gen sliders will be less powerful than RaceMenu + Overlays + ECE.

Archived