[Question]Body tattoos glowing maps

mkta

Hello,

I've been trying to make glowing in the dark tattoos. I created glowing maps but the problem is that after I edit the body mesh 3 things happens :

1-the mesh becomes corrupt and I have to start again - not important

2-thare is no effect ingame

3-whole body is glowing

The things works, as there is lots of glowing weapons and stuffs also the body starts to glow like my character eaten an radioactive apple or something. But it doesn't recognize my glowing map for some reason.

Any ideas how to make glowing tattoos work? Tried to follow the glowing weapons tutorial from wiki but all I managed to do was the things above.

Thank you.

This is something that I have been pondering as well. As far as I know, glow maps won't work on body meshes because those nifs have properties that makes them incompatible with glow maps (although I don't know what exactly those are). So that means you either have to make your body mesh an armor mesh, which means things like changing skin tone will not work anymore, or you need to work with specular maps, which in my experience looks sub-par and doesn't really work with colors and stuff.

Here's something that I think might work (haven't bothered trying it yet as it requires some work). Make your tattoo texture but don't plaster it on a body texture, just a transparent background. Then take a body mesh and apply that texture to it, and make it an equippable armor (which means you can also apply glow maps now) and add a nialphaproperty node to it so that transparency will show up. This way, when you equip the body, only the tattoo part shows up on top of your regular body. You'll likely have to alter the mesh slightly because right now, it will clip with your actual body since the vertex positions are exactly the same.

For an example, look at this mod (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43609/?). It includes an equippable tattoo item for which the author has more or less done exactly what I just described.

Archived