The Pearl - Devlog 01: Setting up a workflow for making assets.

Hi! My name is RoboticCouch and I develop games.

After having made and released a game on Steam and Nintendo Switch, I’ve decided to go where the fields are green: sex positive/lewd game development. Not only is there so much left unexplored in this sector, it also interests me more to make games with a sexy twist. In the past year I’ve been thinking hard on what I want to make and have come up with a concept. I won’t share it until I have a playable prototype build but there are some things I can share about it:

• It will be called “the Pearl”

• Sexual pleasure is at the forefront of the game

• The game will be fully 3D

• I aim to make the visuals as realistic and as close to nature as possible

• The game’s themes will sit nicely in realism and therefore will have an educational component

• There is nothing like it on the market of lewd games

To get everyone interested in my Patreon I need stuff to show. So therefore, I decided to first build a prototype. Having made only 2D games, I now have to brush up my Blender knowledge. 

And WOW is asset creation in Blender harder but also more interesting than I thought! Blender feels needlessly complicated. Luckily, I’m a quick learner and there are a ton of tutorials online. Well, I think the result speaks for itself. Here I’m showing one of the vulvas in the game. As you can see, I’m going for anatomical realism and here you see a Vulva in its full glory with detailed labia minora and clitoral hood that wraps around the clitoris. 

For the skin I went for realistic colors, making the clitoral hood and labia slightly darker and I used a mild distortion layer to make this realistic skin effect. The result looks phenomenal. Time to bake the textures and move this beautiful vulva to Unity!

If you want to support me, you can on my Patreon! Currently, only this devlog is on there but soon I will be releasing a playable build. You can, however, already support me. Your support will come a long way in helping me build this game. As many of you know, building games takes time and costs money. Therefore, I have to keep my day job. The more patrons I have, the easier it will be for me to justify dedicating more of my daily working hours to the Pearl. The more I work on it, the quicker the game will be finished! Thank you so much! ❤️

Let me know what you think about this vulva!

You can find my Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/vulvainteractive

Screenshot-2024-05-13-073727.png

Screenshot-2024-05-18-075921.png

Screenshot-2024-05-18-080502.png