Is there a mod that makes the aiming mechanics less shit?

I've played a lot of shooters in my time, but FO4's aiming mechanics are among the worst I've experienced. According to what I've learned, hitting an enemy in a roll of the dice when it comes to this game, and it's fucking stupid. It's all based on your level, perks, etc., but even then, scoring a shot on an enemy is never guaranteed. When I point a gun at an enemy, I want to be able to hit them. Shooting moving targets in real life is much easier than in this game. Trust me, I know. My dad taught me how to shoot when I was nine years old. Now, there are times when I know that it was my aim, but there are other times I have my reticle on the fucker I'm trying to shoot, but I still miss even at a range where I should hit them.

Here's a video showing what I mean. The other dead ferals are ones I took out trying to get a clip of this. Like I said, roll of the dice. It'll happen once a blue moon, or it'll happen a lot.

I know the gun I'm using is from a mod, but I have this exact issue with vanilla weapons, too. So, is there a mod for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Wolfyx said:

not sure, but ghouls have some evade move, (you can notice they do) maybe, try to use this mod;Evade Animation Remover at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

If this still happens maybe is some problem with other mod you have.

I appreciate it, and I'll give that mod a whirl because those animations are fucking annoying. However, I don't have any mods that change the way shooting or aiming works. Also, the ghoul dodging wasn't the reason I didn't hit it. It was me being unable to hit what I was aiming at because the aiming mechanics are shit. I can hit a moving target smaller than that in real life with my S&W M1911 from three times that distance.

Edited by CrowOfItachi
13 hours ago, CrowOfItachi said:

I appreciate it, and I'll give that mod a whirl because those animations are fucking annoying. However, I don't have any mods that change the way shooting or aiming works. Also, the ghoul dodging wasn't the reason I didn't hit it. It was me being unable to hit what I was aiming at because the aiming mechanics are shit. I can hit a moving target smaller than that in real life with my S&W M1911 from three times that distance.

Consider you're playing with a modded weapon, maybe the author did not aligned well the sight to the camera center, you should try with some vanilla weapon and other modded weapon too, honestly i never had some problem with aiming, plus if you play with m&k or gamepad can make many difference.

Vor 15 Stunden sagte CrowOfItachi:

Ich weiß das zu schätzen und werde diesen Mod ausprobieren, weil diese Animationen verdammt nervig sind. Allerdings habe ich keine Mods, die die Funktionsweise des Schießens oder Zielens verändern. Außerdem war das Ausweichen des Ghuls nicht der Grund, warum ich ihn nicht getroffen habe. Es lag daran, dass ich nicht in der Lage war, das zu treffen, worauf ich zielte, weil die Zielmechanik beschissen war. Mit meinem S&W M1911 kann ich aus der dreifachen Entfernung ein bewegliches Ziel treffen, das kleiner ist als im echten Leben.

Maybe something for basic understanding:

Fallout games are NOT shooters... but pure RPGs - since expecting halfway acceptable ballistics for firearms is in vain!

Mods can only provide a limited remedy here - ultimately the "engine" is not suitable for something like this

7 hours ago, Wolfyx said:

Consider you're playing with a modded weapon, maybe the author did not aligned well the sight to the camera center, you should try with some vanilla weapon and other modded weapon too, honestly i never had some problem with aiming, plus if you play with m&k or gamepad can make many difference.

I tested it with a 10mm pistol and had the same issue. I also tried it with other vanilla weapons and it does the same thing. This isn't about the aiming itself. It's about not being able to hit where I'm aiming.

5 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Maybe something for basic understanding:

Fallout games are NOT shooters... but pure RPGs - since expecting halfway acceptable ballistics for firearms is in vain!

Mods can only provide a limited remedy here - ultimately the "engine" is not suitable for something like this

They have guns in the game. How can you not make it where people can shoot what they're aiming at? That's like performing heart surgery with a flamethrower.

Honestly never had any issues with FO4 not hitting where I am aiming or even if I had it was never noticeable while gaming.

There is a bug with .308 ammo where the bullet sometimes hits an invisible mesh or its own casing or something like that right after being fired which leads to hitreg issues because your bullet never comes out of the barrel. Since that isn't .308 it shouldn't be happening but it kinda looks like that issue.

Have you tried shooting at a wall to see if:

1. you actually hit where you are aiming?

2. you get as many bullet holes as shots fired?

11 hours ago, smilyface said:

Honestly never had any issues with FO4 not hitting where I am aiming or even if I had it was never noticeable while gaming.

There is a bug with .308 ammo where the bullet sometimes hits an invisible mesh or its own casing or something like that right after being fired which leads to hitreg issues because your bullet never comes out of the barrel. Since that isn't .308 it shouldn't be happening but it kinda looks like that issue.

Have you tried shooting at a wall to see if:

1. you actually hit where you are aiming?

2. you get as many bullet holes as shots fired?

To answer your questions, yes. I have tried those things, and I got the same amount of bullet holes. Also, in the video I provided, you can see that there's dust and even the blood of the feral behind the one I was shooting at flying from the shots I fired.