Re-Install -> Mods still there ?

anomalic

Hi there,

just a short question:

i reistalled my OS today, Skyrim with Steam is on second HD secured.

Now it wont start, because of D3D issues, a reinstallation is recommended.

my question: when i install skyrim new via steam, does this overwrites my "data" directory and with it all my mods ?

or will the Setup just add and overwrite the standard system files ?

thank you ^^

I am not sure if deleting the local content only deletes the files Steam has downloaded, but you still couzld make a backup of your Data folder after removing the Skyrim - [Animations/Interface/...].bsa files and after re-installing put them back in.

It wont delete your mods and stuff. It just gets rid of vanilla bsas and esps. Actually, a correct way to reinstall your game would be to delete everything else except data folder, manually.
 Then just verify integrity of game files aka repair your skyrim installation. Steam only has to dl a few hundred mbs and its as good as new, with everything inside data folder just as it were before. http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Troubleshooting#tab=Restore_Vanilla_Skyrim And theres some actual info on that if you do not believe me! :P

I am not sure if deleting the local content only deletes the files Steam has downloaded, but you still couzld make a backup of your Data folder after removing the Skyrim - [Animations/Interface/...].bsa files and after re-installing put them back in.

It shouldn't deleted any of the mod files, but its not a 100% guarantee.

Archived