how do you stay up to date?

so, i deleted my sims 4 for the 3rd time last month cause i just couldn't stay up to date with mods and juggling what was well over a thousand mods thanks to clothes and building parts and animations... well it got scary, but i kinda wanna try round 4...

so, how do you stay up to date?

The last time I checked, I had to update the ts4scripts mods that are broken, I identified them with MCCC and Better Exceptions. Things like clothes, objects and animations seem to be working fine. I guess. With an 80 GB mods folder, it's challenging to keep track of everything. 😁

24 minutes ago, Simpossible_xx said:

The last time I checked, I had to update the ts4scripts mods that are broken, I identified them with MCCC....

wait... mccc can check scripts that are out dated? and whats better exceptions?

First off, only script mods usually need updating. Occasionally a .package mod will break and you'll either need to find an update or delete it. But normally it's only .ts4script mods that you need to worry about updating. So you don't have to worry about clothes or hair, or tattoos, or anything else that's a .package mod when the game is updated.

Second, I break my mods folder up into sub folders.

1.) Script mods can only be 1 folder deep. So WhickedWhims would be Mods>WhickedWhims (a folder I created)> and then all the mod's files.
2.) Package mods can be several folders deep, I'm unsure if there's a limit. So I put my clothes in: Mods>Clothes> (name of the creator). See pic for example:

Spoiler

image.png.036645e281a2130b94ff4f41c367fabb.png

So when updates come I simply look through my mods folder, picking the ones I know are script mods and finding updates for them. Mods like MCCC, WickedWhims, Nisas's, Basemental, etc.

I've got 55.6GB of mods. The majority of it are clothes, but I imagine the largest files are the videos, music and stuff.

Edited by Faolon