strange things happen when equipping the melee weapon

For some time now, my actress has not only drawn the combat knife, but has also immediately gone into the block. Then go back to the starting position. It happens with other weapons too.
But what really irritates me is that the same effect occurs when I switch from 3rd person to 1st person with a melee weapon equipped. Short block and everything goes back to normal.
What could be the reason?

It's a vanilla bug caused by any mod that uses the first-person body slot 59 (shield slot).

If you ever equipped anything in that slot and pulled out a weapon, your save is borked indefinitely. You'll automatically start blocking and when you switch your PoV, you'll block as well. It's baked into your save now.

The only fix is to reload a save before you ever equipped anything in that slot, and then just never equip something in that slot. It's never been fixed basically and the only way to fix it, is to avoid it. So, you'll need to either start a new game, or find an old save from before you ever equipped anything in that slot.

Okay, thank you for the information.
My problem now is: I don't remember ever having slot 59 equipped, I only use up to slot 58 (like Combat Strip Light).
I guess the only thing left to do is start a new game...
I assume there isn't a fix as a mod for this?

As far as I know, there isn't a fix for it.

It's one of those rare bugs that has special circumstances that most don't come across (since most love their guns over melee).

Best to check your mods on which slots they use to avoid that issue in the future though. I know there are some mods that use the shield slot, just couldn't help you figure out which they would be, and it would take too much time to list them all lol. Either check via zedit or in game maybe?

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but at least you know what causes the bug. Now just got to avoid it lol.

3 hours ago, Spyder Arachnid said:

Best to check your mods on which slots they use to avoid that issue in the future though. I know there are some mods that use the shield slot, just couldn't help you figure out which they would be, and it would take too much time to list them all lol. Either check via zedit or in game maybe?

Thank you very much, you helped me a lot. This allowed me to find the bug.
The mod high heel training took slot 29 for me. I wrote to the author and asked how to fix this.

image.png.203aaf83f9a881137862865c0063a008.png

So thanks again.