Opening Racemenu via Console while Vampire crash

Getting a consistent CTD after I've become a vampire lord and trying to enter Racemenu; happens regardless of whether or not I'm currently human form or vampire lord form. Multiple crash logs mention Faster HDT-SMP and right after the mu joint knee fix. Anyone possibly know of a fix?

crash-2024-04-08-15-41-35.log

The crash occured because it tried to dereference RDX, which at the time of the crash was 0x3E0000003F000000. This is not a null-pointer issue but rather looks like some corrupted data. Your issue is most likely in Smashed Patch.esp form id 0x0008883C "Breton". There's been a few cases in the past (latest one from last week) where these auto-generated patch plugins appear to expose some issue in another plugin. Personally I'm kind of leaning towards the patch generators having some rare flaw in them where they fail to produce valid esp records in certain situations, but then again I've never used one myself so who am I to say. The solution usually comes down to disabling mods and rebuilding the patch until the problem goes away.

You could analyze the record above, and the changes your mods make to them and try to normalize things or test different combinations of mods and load orders, but I don't think a single one of these issues has ever been solved this way.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, traison said:

The crash occured because it tried to dereference RDX, which at the time of the crash was 0x3E0000003F000000. This is not a null-pointer issue but rather looks like some corrupted data. Your issue is most likely in Smashed Patch.esp form id 0x0008883C "Breton". There's been a few cases in the past (latest one from last week) where these auto-generated patch plugins appear to expose some issue in another plugin. Personally I'm kind of leaning towards the patch generators having some rare flaw in them where they fail to produce valid esp records in certain situations, but then again I've never used one myself so who am I to say. The solution usually comes down to disabling mods and rebuilding the patch until the problem goes away.

You could analyze the record above, and the changes your mods make to them and try to normalize things or test different combinations of mods and load orders, but I don't think a single one of these issues has ever been solved this way.

Thanks for the insight. I had to end up replacing the Vampire Lord female form entirely using the Humanoid Vampire Lord mod instead. It seems more like a bandaid approach, so I'll try to rebuild the patch when I'm in a mood to troubleshoot, or if there's another instance of possible corrupted data from smash patching. Deleting the merged record for the Breton in Races inside the smashed patch could be a good idea. Looking through the Race Formid, these are most likely the cause of the crash in Racemenu?

Screenshot2024-04-08130129.thumb.jpg.49ac77afb99938dbd3ff37bc3c54b02c.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-08 125946.jpg

Edited by Roarc

Don't know, never had a bad plugin, at least as far as I can remember. But that's the sort of thing I meant with normalizing. You have the base value from Skyrim.esm, then the unofficial patch changes it, SL Survival changes it again then the patch plugin restores the unofficial patch value. So who's to say what SL Survival is going to think of that? I'd start by dragging the changes from SL Survival over to the patch plugin for all changes to 8883C and see what it says about that.

Also, side note, the value in RDX is quite clearly 2 separate 32 bit integers:

0x3E000000

0x3F000000

If you run into either of those value anywhere near this RACE records or any assocated records, that would be a very strong hint as to where the issue is.