New Vegas Nude Body Problems

Tags

Guest carywinton

Ah ok then, I have experienced this before and it is caused by conflicting meshes and textures. This should be no problem to fix.

First off , how are you installing your body mods? Are you using a mod manager like NMM, FOMM or are you installing them manually by merely dropping in the meshes and textures folders to the data directory? If the body mod has a file name that ends in fomod, it is best to use Fallout Mod Manager to install it, I am pretty sure Type 3 has this and probably Type N, but I have never used type N, so not sure on this one. Another method if there is no fomod file and you have tried using the Nexus Mod Manager, is to merely clear out this folder ; Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male, of any files with the name femaleupperbody.nif  You can either delete this file or "overwrite" the file with the version that comes with your body mod. If this fails then make sure you have "Archive Invalidation" installed and working, Fallout Mod Manager comes with this and it can be merely checked by clicking on the "Tools" menu and then verified there is a check mark next to "Archive Invalidation". What this basically does is by pass the Fallout New Vegas or Fallout 3 *.bsa files and looks at the meshes and textures directories instead. Allot of the time it is merely this "Archive Invalidation" that is either not installed or working. You can also deactivate it and then re-activate it by clicking on the entry in FOMM, this is called "Toggling" it on and off, sometimes this is necessary.

Useful tools to help you with this problem: Fallout Mod Manager http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36901//

(For use with other Mod Managers) Archive Invalidation: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35935/?

I hope this helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Fomm pops an error on install and pops an error and crashes if I try to run it... Type 3 and Type N both appears to use FOMM.., So it seems both of those bodies are out, still have not found a body mod that is not type 3 based...

Installing either by hand, or NMM Failed... and Since Fomm isn't working.

Tried a body with NMM still no go, no diff with the archive invalidation either.

Archived