Inexperienced modder needs help for dumb mod!

LikeISaid

Hey folks, I have been attempting to make a mod where two of the vanilla characters from the basic game are in a relationship and live in Breezehome. I have adapted their sandboxes to make them sleep in Breezehome, yet I never see them there, and have also added the key to their inventory.
I would like to upload the file and have someone take a look at it and tell me what I haven't done. Did I complicate things by choosing a player house? Somehow I'm not seeing any traces of this plug-in in-game, the keys are not in their inventories even.
Any takers? I'm sure it wouldn't take an experienced person much time at all.

Guest carywinton

Well that certainly is a tall order, but not impossible. For me, I would just make a duplicate of each Vanilla Character I wanted to use in my Breezehome , Use some type of dialog companion mod, like UFO or similar, strip out all their faction and AI data, just add in the factions you need like TownWhiteRun faction, then just use whatever AI packages you needed that were not automatically added in by UFO , like DefaultSleepEditorLoc28x8 , etc. That way you can add into their inventory at any time or make changes to them without causing any issues in the game the way the vanilla character are set up. They may already have set AI packages for their routines and this is why you do not see them at Breezehome , and also why they do not have the key in their inventory. But if you make duplicates of them, take out all their old stuff, add in what is just basic to make them do something and drop the key in their inventory, when you go to save it in the CK it will create a new *.esp file and thereby saving all of your changes. Then just make sure the new *esp file is checked in your load order and you should see them in the Breezehome. I would actually place them there as well when you are nearly finished with their AI packages, inventory, etc. Let me know what else I can help you with to get you going on this, it's not too hard once you begin to understand how it all works. :D

Archived