For personal use and practice, I am converting an outfit that came with a follow to use HDT. The bone structure has been made and weights painted (then auto changed by outfit studio). I have also made the xml. However when I load into the game the loin cloth I am adding physics to is melting into the floor. By re-equiping the armor I can watch the loincloth melt into the ground after a few seconds. All other HDT physics items work without issue so I think fsmp is installed correctly.

I think the issue is with the weights or my xml but I don't know enough to figure out where I should start. Can I get advice.

The issue I'd say is in the physics preset. Verify that these are all true:

1. All bones that the affected polygons are painted to are mentioned in the physics preset.
  2. All bones that are not static are connected to a static bone at some point in the chain, using constraints.
  3. The constraints being used are strong enough to hold the weight of the shapes.
Edited by traison

I found the source of my issue. I did not properly constrain the bones and mistakenly declared the first bone after the anchor as the anchor.

Now physics is working but the mesh with physics is now quivering, it will not stay at rest even with no movement. Other meshes will stay still so I think it's an issue with my physics values in the xml.

1 hour ago, Faolin said:

issue with my physics values in the xml

Yes, try the following:

1. Decrease weight mass and gravity.
  2. Decrease stiffness.
  3. Increase damping.
Edited by traison