How to create my own standalone vanilla armor mod?

Hey,

I'm running a replacer for my vanilla armors but there are some armors of the vanilla game that I want to have as a vanilla standalone separately.

I tried to create a vanilla standalone armor mod for nord plate by copying the armor and armor addon entries via XEDIT. It works in so far that I can get a standalone armor which is called Nord Plate SA.

But: It always pulls the meshes and maybe also textures from the vanilla or replacer (if replacer is activated). This is how my file looks like:

Anyone can help how I give it the right meshes and potentially also textures?

image.webp

Edited by Random987654
Posted (edited)

I copied the original ones from skyrim. It takes either the original meshes from skyrim or the replacer meshes depending on whether the replacer is active or not.

I think both is wrong, because for my custom replacer in the MOVS path I put non-slided meshes. Even if it pulls the vanilla meshes it pulls my slided vanilla meshes which are not located in the path I defined.

Edited by Random987654
Posted (edited)

I'm quite sure it is not:

I disabled it, no vanilla armors are replaced anymore.

I put a CT77 skimpy cuirass mesh file into my custom mod for testing.

I start the game, take the items from my mod and it is the vanilla slided nord plate cuirass.

My mod always goes to the base vanilla mesh files, if I use the replacer it finds the replacer there, if it is disabled it finds my slided vanilla mesh files.

It's not going to the path I defined where currently skimpy CT77 meshes are placed.

Edit: I created another mod, for testing, this time I left the Female world model completely empty, but it just pulls the vanille meshes and ignores my entries to the path:

Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong? I also added the esp if someone is willing to have a look at it.

123.png

Vanilla standalone.esp

Edited by Random987654
4 minutes ago, Random987654 said:

Oh, I found it out now: The armor entries were still pointing to the vanilla armor addon entries. I think I can fix this now :)

Hah, and I assumed you had done that because you had copied the ARMA records as well - i.e. you were aware of them. 👍