[mod] LOTR CBO Patch

LOTR CBO Patch

CBO compatibility patch for LotR: Realms in Exile - Open Beta

1.12.1 requires "CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix" until CBO is updated, which also requires Carnalitas 2.5

https://mega.nz/file/Jl9RnbhK#u0d_x4a6JI84-oaRooZA_VRYPkGcYk0IOpLdqp2wNyU

Converted all the meshes to CBO rig, and generated the blend shapes for the clothes.

Changes:

common/bookmark_portraits:

common/dna_data:

common/ethnicities:

Added the CBO genes.

common/genes:

Added the no portrait gene to weights

Disabled some of the CBO genes, so LOTR ones will take precedence.

Merged legwear.

events:

Fix conflicts with carnalitas.

gfx/models/portraits:

Re-exported the meshes with CBO rig, same with animations.

Merged the .asset files for male and female body/head

gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers:

Merged the changes, so LOTR changes take precedence.

gui:

Merged the changes done by LOTR and Carnalitas. (this one hurt, hopefully didnt miss something)

Load Order:

LOTR (Open Beta)

Carnalitas 2.5

CBO 1.8.4

PA (optional)

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial fix 1.6+ (until CBO is compatible)

LOTR CBO Patch

LOTR CBO PA Patch (optional)

27 minutes ago, Kekmongus said:

Historic Elves all look old. Newly spawned and auto generated "courtier elves" don't age visually but all the pre-existing ones look like fossils

Ah.. i didnt do much comparisons versus base mod, i think the issue might be that CBO overrides aging or smth, ill check.

48 minutes ago, Kekmongus said:

Historic Elves all look old. Newly spawned and auto generated "courtier elves" don't age visually but all the pre-existing ones look like fossils

Are you sure its caused by the patch? For me, elves look the same, no matter if I enable CBO and the patch or not. Not sure how the mod changes the age exactly, but maybe you loaded some mod after LOTR that might mess with morphs or something?

Seems like its set in "gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers\99_special.txt"

elven_youth = {
		dna_modifiers = {
			morph = {
				mode = replace				
				gene = gene_age
				template = no_aging
				value = 1.0
			}
		}	
		weight = {
			base = 0
			modifier = {
				add = 250
				exists = this
				is_elf = yes
				# is_alive = no
				OR = {
					is_alive = no
					AND = {
						is_alive = yes
						age > 16
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

1 hour ago, csirke128 said:

Are you sure its caused by the patch? For me, elves look the same, no matter if I enable CBO and the patch or not. Not sure how the mod changes the age exactly, but maybe you loaded some mod after LOTR that might mess with morphs or something?

Realized I accidentally left Physical attributes on. It changes the way the visual age is determined so that is probably the root. PA causes absurd amounts of lag too for some reason (could be related to the diffrent body types conflicting with the value system)

I'm having an issue where the custom throne rooms of the LOTR aren't being assigned properly. The dwarfs have the generic western throne room, Gondor & Rohan has the dwarven throne, and I've yet to find the Gondorian throne room. Do you have a solution for this? I'm using the exact mod load order. 

30 minutes ago, Drarcon said:

I'm having an issue where the custom throne rooms of the LOTR aren't being assigned properly. The dwarfs have the generic western throne room, Gondor & Rohan has the dwarven throne, and I've yet to find the Gondorian throne room. Do you have a solution for this? I'm using the exact mod load order. 

Hi, added a small fix related to court room, did you add that?

Can you please make a patch for Physical Attributes mod because I also play it with LOTR CBO patch the problem is characters are aging according to base game aging not lore friendly to LOTR.  I also play it with Coitus anima mod but I think the mod that has conflict with LOTR CBO patch is specifically Physical Attributes. Thank you for you understanding and may you have a wonderful day.image.png.e417dd56c1c13d8aaaa41ad47bceb631.png

1 hour ago, Shrekislove_69 said:

Can you please make a patch for Physical Attributes mod because I also play it with LOTR CBO patch the problem is characters are aging according to base game aging not lore friendly to LOTR.  I also play it with Coitus anima mod but I think the mod that has conflict with LOTR CBO patch is specifically Physical Attributes. Thank you for you understanding and may you have a wonderful day.

Hi, Added a patch, i disabled the aging part in PA, i dont think its worth patching, it just makes it so that old people will look a bit more varied apart from just the base game old genes, but it means PA also tracks character age, and making that compatible with LOTRs age tracking would be a hassle. (I spent some time looking at how LOTR changes aging for portraits, but havent found it)

For some reason when I run PA with this the game becomes virtually unplayable. The lag is unbearable (simly moving the cursor while pause is disabled leads to multiple seconds of freezeframes) and clicking on foreign relams not dircetly adjacent regularly crashes the game. I'd guess it's a performace issue but I do not encounter anything this severe when running LOTR without PA or Any of your other compatches like AGOT or ATE even with PA enabled for those. The only major diffrence I found was that for lotr the characters don't automatically get their pa values instead requiring manually clicking the# button for every character. Could maybe be related to that or the "colonizing/empty land" system interfering with something. Again it could br my hardware just being to weak but i find it weird that I can run comparable maps/conversions like EK2, CBO, ATE without my RAM turning into a fusion reactor. Any idea what else could be an issue?

57 minutes ago, Kekmongus said:

For some reason when I run PA with this the game becomes virtually unplayable. The lag is unbearable (simly moving the cursor while pause is disabled leads to multiple seconds of freezeframes) and clicking on foreign relams not dircetly adjacent regularly crashes the game. I'd guess it's a performace issue but I do not encounter anything this severe when running LOTR without PA or Any of your other compatches like AGOT or ATE even with PA enabled for those. The only major diffrence I found was that for lotr the characters don't automatically get their pa values instead requiring manually clicking the# button for every character. Could maybe be related to that or the "colonizing/empty land" system interfering with something. Again it could br my hardware just being to weak but i find it weird that I can run comparable maps/conversions like EK2, CBO, ATE without my RAM turning into a fusion reactor. Any idea what else could be an issue?

Hi, not sure if i can actually fix PA, i havent done as much with scripting as others. Can you try with the minimal version that black1 posted in the PA thread?

As far as i know, the PA attributes are supposed to be initialized on birthdays:

physical_attributes\common\on_action\physical_attribute_general_on_actions.txt

on_birthday = {
    on_actions = {
        on_physical_variable
        on_increase_visual_age_variable
        on_remove_immortal_age_variable
        on_seed_carn_trait
        on_puberty
        on_remove_pregnant_trait
    }
}

There is also an on birthday trigger added by LOTR, not sure if these files can override each other, or if maybe both will take effect, or what happens here.

on_birthday = {
    on_actions = {
        on_specific_birthday
        on_birthday_childhood
        on_birthday_adulthood
        on_graceful_aging_birthday
    }
}

For the colonizing one, if you dont patch the gui, you can see that there is a character assigned to the uncolonized land or something similar, i think it just meant to hide that part of the gui, but dont think it could cause issues here, as those characters were not living.

Its probably some event, or trigger that keeps firing, but not sure what woudl be a good way to debug those.

I guess you should check error.log, i read somewhere that logging to error or debug logs can slow down the game a lot, maybe you have some very frequent errors here or something similar.

After some trial and error in merging the on_actions files (to the point I don't even know what exactly I changed about them) I managed to run the game fluidly but I stil lfound some issues. During a dwarven playthrough I encountered an issue where whenever an Orc or Goblin from the misty mountain region appears in a character window be it because you click on them spicifically or even if they only they appear in a courtier/marriage tab etc. the game freezes and crashes (kinda like the Alaskan tribes early in your ATE patch). This happens even if the character is in a court outside of that region, but it happens with all Orcs and Goblins from the misty mountains (except the ones from Gundabad for some reason) so dwarves are fine. Another minor issue is that Sauron takes the base appearance of Uruks so when he has his armoured form there is a lot of clipping with his head and his "fair" form isn't particulary "fair". The other "major" issue is when running PA dwarves and hobbits stay "regular human sized" (I even had a random 2m giant dwarven priestess) while elves all shrink down to childlike proportions and Nazghuls bodies shrink to the point of becoming floating heads, although they both keep their height values (so some portrait issue probably). But except for the Orc/Goblin one I haven't found anything gamebreaking.

Edited by Kekmongus
6 hours ago, Kekmongus said:

After some trial and error in merging the on_actions files (to the point I don't even know what exactly I changed about them) I managed to run the game fluidly but I stil lfound some issues. During a dwarven playthrough I encountered an issue where whenever an Orc or Goblin from the misty mountain region appears in a character window be it because you click on them spicifically or even if they only they appear in a courtier/marriage tab etc. the game freezes and crashes (kinda like the Alaskan tribes early in your ATE patch). This happens even if the character is in a court outside of that region, but it happens with all Orcs and Goblins from the misty mountains (except the ones from Gundabad for some reason) so dwarves are fine. Another minor issue is that Sauron takes the base appearance of Uruks so when he has his armoured form there is a lot of clipping with his head and his "fair" form isn't particulary "fair". The other "major" issue is when running PA dwarves and hobbits stay "regular human sized" (I even had a random 2m giant dwarven priestess) while elves all shrink down to childlike proportions and Nazghuls bodies shrink to the point of becoming floating heads, although they both keep their height values (so some portrait issue probably). But except for the Orc/Goblin one I haven't found anything gamebreaking.

Hi, the trigger for the crash at ATE was religion, it was because those counties had some offshoot of christianity, and some script trigger was causing issues. Maybe the trigger is some religion here as well, that i didnt remove well enough.

I did have issues with clicking on orc crashing, i thought i fixed it but dont remember how, the orc have their own .asset files, so that might be a source for issues.

Havent checked on Sauron, maybe i need to spend a bit more time playing these mods to run into issues like that.

For PA i need to pick up more experience with the scripting.

I'm fine with how the characters look without PA, and i dont think there are enough mods that take advantage of PA (so the idea that you can script differently based on body proportions)

Ill try look into the crashes related to orc, maybe i can remove some more of the CBO files that are related to religion, and that would help.

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if this needs updating, but anytime I click on an orc settlement or leader in latest version of LoTR its an auto ctd and definitely CBO (with this patch) causing it.

1 hour ago, Harabec said:

Dunno if this needs updating, but anytime I click on an orc settlement or leader in latest version of LoTR its an auto ctd and definitely CBO (with this patch) causing it.

Hi, sorry forgot to check the crash issue.

Uploaded a new version, but the crash didnt happen for me as consistently.

I was clicking around for a few minute on orcs and no crash with the changes (I disabled some of the scripted triggers related to religion like said above, hopefully should prevent the crashes now)

Posted (edited)

Alas no.  

Im using the vanilla patch as I dont like the more extreme morphs of the latest versions of cbo.  So my mod order is:

LotR

Carnalitas

CBO

CBO Vanilla

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial Fix

LOTR CBO Patch

And thats it.

Still ctd if I select a goblin.

Tried it without the vanilla, same result.

Edited by Harabec
On 5/11/2024 at 11:22 AM, Harabec said:

Alas no.  

Im using the vanilla patch as I dont like the more extreme morphs of the latest versions of cbo.  So my mod order is:

LotR

Carnalitas

CBO

CBO Vanilla

CBO 1.12.1 Unofficial Fix

LOTR CBO Patch

And thats it.

Still ctd if I select a goblin.

Tried it without the vanilla, same result.

Having the same issue. 

2 hours ago, sulnt said:

Having the same issue. 

Hi, cannot fix it if i cannot reproduce it :/

Can you try temporarily move the folders that contain "script" in their name from char_body_overhaul/common to somewhere else?

Basically need to figure out, which file in CBO causes it.

Also, does it work without CBO but with Carnalitas?

19 hours ago, csirke128 said:

Hi, cannot fix it if i cannot reproduce it :/

Can you try temporarily move the folders that contain "script" in their name from char_body_overhaul/common to somewhere else?

Basically need to figure out, which file in CBO causes it.

Also, does it work without CBO but with Carnalitas?

Hey, here's my load order. 

Tried with just Carnalitas and no CBO and it works. 

Tried without animations+/undress mod and the crashes still happened when using CBO. 

The crash occurs seemingly randomly. On Mazog (orc) it happens when clicking on family member portraits. On Gorgol (orc) I was able to view family members but pressing F4 and bringing up my council crashed the game.  On Gorkil (goblin) clicking on myself caused a crash.

Things like F4 (council menu) and the royal court always seem to cause a crash. As well as other menus sometimes.

I moved each script_ file out of char_body_overhaul/common one by one to test what was causing it. Couldn't figure it out, hopefully that's what you meant when moving them out of the folder, don't know if I misunderstood you there.

Paradox_Launcher_2024-05-19_22-54-14.png

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, sulnt said:

Tried without animations+/undress mod and the crashes still happened when using CBO. 

The crash occurs seemingly randomly. On Mazog (orc) it happens when clicking on family member portraits. On Gorgol (orc) I was able to view family members but pressing F4 and bringing up my council crashed the game.  On Gorkil (goblin) clicking on myself caused a crash.

Things like F4 (council menu) and the royal court always seem to cause a crash. As well as other menus sometimes.

I moved each script_ file out of char_body_overhaul/common one by one to test what was causing it. Couldn't figure it out, hopefully that's what you meant when moving them out of the folder, don't know if I misunderstood you there.

Ah, just noticed :D

"CBO compatibility patch for LotR: Realms in Exile - Open Beta "

This patch is for the open beta, not the original.

Edit: Ah.. its no longer beta

Edited by csirke128
6 hours ago, sulnt said:

Managed to get one crash, after clicking around on council members.

Don't really have a better way of figuring out whats causing a crash, other than removing files from CBO until it fixes the crash, and then keep readding files until the crash appears, and eventually you should find which file causes it.

I'll spend a bit of time, see if i can track it down, but this method needs a way to trigger the crash reliably, otherwise you wont know if you fixed it by accident, or by removing a file