TDF Prostitution Dance CTD Fix

View File

fixes the NPC dancing ctd.

TLTR:

guess finally found the reason for the random ctd's on NPC dancing.

Never can be 100% sure, however, after long time of searching and testing I am pretty pretty sure that's the reason.

It's not the NPC dancer, it's the onlookers.

Testing dancing events in a row, I got a sever frame drop caused by script stacking.

Checking the crash logs again and again I found one thing what appeared always in addition to the dancer.

Caused by the onlooker package.

Checking this, I found a double entry in a procedure. This messed up and stacked the procedure. 

If you install this, you will notice at once, the onlookers say there lines in an overwhelming amount, they will not stop the chatter.

Because the script stacking is gone.

You can put the fix direct into TDF with xedit, however, I prefer the FE mod, avoid changes in original.

PS: on the way to fix the issue; I replaced dances, created a new behaviour hkx and so on.

As the origininal behaviour drows a warning (outdated), I included the new one into this mod.

If you don't want it, just delete the meshes folder.

Thanks you to @TheDriedFinger for the original ang giving permission for tweaks.

and

to @Pfiffi for the SE conversion.

I use a older version and made the tweaks for this. If you got an extension, load thia after and forward the tweaks of extension

or vice versa.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/20/2024
  • Category
  • Requires
    TDF prostitution
  • Regular Edition Compatible

Posted (edited)

To work better with my follower package, I also tweaked the dancer package.

TLTR again.

The TDF scripts got alot utilwait().

So it might take up to 15s until the spells are applied.

To avoid the dancer using default idles, I go into sneak mode before asking to dance.

Sneak interrupts alot of things by the way.

I remain in senak until the first onlookers show up. Thats the sign, the scripts applied.

Now I can leave sneak and the dancer remains dancing.

The dancer package uses a new template, which avoids all events, which could interrupt the dancer's dancing.

If there is interest I could upload this, too. 

I use the FLP package (follower live package) which introduces alot events for followers.

Not sure how other packages handle those.

Edited by Tlam99

I presume this fix is for the original TDF only or not if using TDF Enhanced too? Just I see from xEdit both Enhanced and this fix change the same packages so I guess this may break whatever TDF Enhanced is doing (frankly I don't know enough to know the difference).

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 10:02 PM, MachinaJim said:

TDF Enhanced too

remove the 14 in whatever package. Load this mod as latest and forward, or vice versa, before the expansion.

Edited by Tlam99