Sexlab animations not playing.

Yes, another one of these. I have checked other topics regarding the same issue and still quite figure out what is wrong.
Sexlab animations outright aren't playing. I can do everything needed from any given mod to trigger an animation, but then nothing happens. The npc will just carry on with their day and no animation will play. Flowergirls animations work just fine though, and I know Flowergirls and Sexlab work perfectly fine together, so I know it isn't conflicting with anything.

I'm using the most up to date Steam version of Skyrim and with NMM. I'm using the latest version of Sexlab (1.66b) and Sexlab P+. I've tried it with and without P+.
I'm using the most up to date version of FNIS (that I know of) which is 7.6XXL. I've ran it many times while troubleshooting, not encountering any problems.
ZaZ is version 8+.
Sexlab was installed from within the MCM, and all animations have been enabled both there and in Sexlab Animation Loader.
Everything has been sorted in LOOT. Everything is enabled in the game's Creation Menu. I'm playing on a New Game. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sexlab to no avail.

I don't know how to share my full load order, but here is a screenshot of the conflicts with Sexlab itself and how I'm handling that.
image.png.fc2214e49290308684e44d5853e3eb5f.png
Here's the current FNIS results as well:
image.png.71ebfd6ebdfc8e8d33e318f7a0feb29a.png

So I've reach a point where I'm just kind of stumped. Is there another common cause that I don't know of? Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it doing something I haven't tried yet?

Edited by Anonmon

FNIS XXL?

If Yes there is the problem. Too many animations.

Uninstall some animations, leave only SALAL/BILLY, ZAZ and BAKA. They are enough for everything.

Reinstal "All in One Address Library".

This is all I can think of for now.

image.png.fc2214e49290308684e44d5853e3eb5f.png

Posted (edited)

I've tried it both with and without XXL. Didn't make a difference at the time.

If I disable P+, I can't change my character's gender assignment to male (using a futa character) for some reason, and the animations still don't work.

I'll reinstall the address library and see if that helps.
Edit: (It didn't)

Edited by Anonmon

if you need a way of changing gender, and P+ was the problem, then SL Eager NPCs has a hot key you can assign to change gender.

FNIS 7.6 XXL - I'm running with that with no problems. The number of animations doesn't look like the problem.

In a new game, get SL installed, and then go to SLAL. Tell it to enable and register the animations, and while it is doing that, trigger the console with the ~ key.

This should show SLAL increasing the animation slots in increments of 32 as it loads/registers the animations, which would confirm SLAL is doing something.

17 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

if you need a way of changing gender, and P+ was the problem, then SL Eager NPCs has a hot key you can assign to change gender.

FNIS 7.6 XXL - I'm running with that with no problems. The number of animations doesn't look like the problem.

In a new game, get SL installed, and then go to SLAL. Tell it to enable and register the animations, and while it is doing that, trigger the console with the ~ key.

This should show SLAL increasing the animation slots in increments of 32 as it loads/registers the animations, which would confirm SLAL is doing something.

Ok, I tried all that, everything seems to be installed clean on another fresh save. However animations still don't work.

When I check the console after trying and failing to start the animation, I get this error: "Failed to add actor. They were unable to fill an actor alias.
Notice - Startsex() - failed to add some actors to thread."

Posted (edited)

I found this thread where someone had the same error, and it seemed SoS was the problem for them. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultimateskyrim/comments/73u4ch/variety_of_minor_bugs_not_sure_what_the_cause_is/

I'm currently using the full version with the DLL 1.6.1170 overwritting it. I will play around with it a bit and see if if that works.

Edit: I swapped it for the no-dll version and nothing has changed. I really don't get it. Everything seems to be perfect, and I can't find another cause for this error.

Edited by Anonmon
8 hours ago, JimUpdating said:

what the reddit thread mentions is load order - SL needs its scripts.

You have SL Framework before PapyrusUtil. Change PapyrusUtil to before SLFramework?

Papyrus.png

Just tried it, same error.

At this point, I'm thinking its either one of my sexlab related mods in particular and I have to narrow down the culprit.
I think after work later today, I'm going to do the thing where I remove all sexlab related mods, start another new game, clean the save, then enable them one by one.

That or it has something to do with the Creation Club's load order.

I fixed it! Posting here in case anyone with the same issue stumbles into this topic later.

The problem was Sexlab Cum Overlays Extended. That mod overwrites the Actor Library and it was fucking up Sexlab entirely because the mod was out of date. I updated it to the latest version and everything works now.