how to ban immigration to a city?

1 hour ago, inrush said:

..without nraas story progression if possible (as far as it coverts Sims to a text RPG).

Is your objection to StoryProgression just the story messages that pop up? You can disable those if you want the mod to just handle everything in the background without any notifications about what it's doing: https://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression-FAQ-General#What-is-a-Story

Edited by Omicr0n
Spoiler
12 hours ago, Omicr0n said:

Is your objection to StoryProgression just the story messages that pop up? You can disable those if you want the mod to just handle everything in the background without any notifications about what it's doing: https://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression-FAQ-General#What-is-a-Story

The "objection" is not because popups, but due to complete inconsistency with events and these popups. For example when message about the announcement of the engagement appears, i want to see any action when i click to the banner - not a celebration but at least two sims who decided to become a couple speaking together. But i see two sims in opposite end of the city instead ( . So, the Nraas SP bz a text RPG feature not related to a real  event...

2 hours ago, inrush said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The "objection" is not because popups, but due to complete inconsistency with events and these popups. For example when message about the announcement of the engagement appears, i want to see any action when i click to the banner - not a celebration but at least two sims who decided to become a couple speaking together. But i see two sims in opposite end of the city instead ( . So, the Nraas SP bz a text RPG feature not related to a real  event...

I don't know about engagements specifically, but popups typically are associated with actual events that the mod tries to create, but due to the complexity of the game the event being pushed often gets interrupted for one reason or another, so you often hear about events that it tried to make happen but didn't, even though the end result still happens like the relationship change. In many cases you'll also get the story popup before the event actually happens. Like you'll hear about one sim going to visit somebody's house, and if you look immediately you'll see they're still in their own house, but if you check back later you'll see that they did end up going to visit.

So, one thing to keep in mind about stuff like Story Progression is that it is, in a way, a simulation of a simulation. What I mean by that is that what you see sims doing on screen is a simulation of people living their lives. The SP events are simulations of that, without animating it. For example, it simulates relationship changes between sims outside the current household, but it doesn't actually send the sims out to a lot on a date, and have them have a romantic conversation, slowly increasing the intimacy of the conversation until their conversation level is high enough to propose marriage. It simply takes a look at their current relationship level, and based on their personality traits, it will roll a random chance the relationship level will change. The direction of the change is random, influenced by personality. So, if they are flirts, there is a chance they might go steady, or a chance they might have a fight.

All of this is done without the sims necessarily even being on the same lot. This is for performance reasons. If the game was sending every sim in town all across town, and fulling simulating every interaction they had with other sims, or every activity they performed, the game would grind to a halt as every game tick would require simulating hundreds of actions. Instead, the game focuses on simulating stuff that you the player actually see, and then it performs a bunch of calculations about stuff changing with other sims, so that the game isn't completely static. Some sims got a new job. Some sims got a raise. Some sims became friends. Some sims became enemies. A family is now expecting a baby. And so on.

NRaas Story Progression isn't unique in this. That is the way the that built in Story Progression works, too.

Edit: I forgot to add, in regards to the thread topic, that sims being born to other families, new families moving to town, etc., are all things that are handled by Story Progression, whether it is the built in version, or NRaas, or some other mod that provides story progression.

Edited by FreakyRufus
11 hours ago, FreakyRufus said:

So, one thing to keep in mind about stuff like Story Progression is that it is, in a way, a simulation of a simulation. What I mean by that is that what you see sims doing on screen is a simulation of people living their lives. The SP events are simulations of that, without animating it.

That is exactly i wrote...

All of this is done without the sims necessarily even being on the same lot. This is for performance reasons. If the game was sending every sim in town all across town, and fulling simulating every interaction they had with other sims, or every activity they performed, the game would grind to a halt as every game tick would require simulating hundreds of actions.

The game anyway sending every sim to different directions constantly. Why it can not to send them according to SP?

"Hundred of actions" smeared across 5 or similar hours of game time or 5 minutes of real time is not so much... If we have 50-70 sims in a town, the new relationship, promotions or something like will not be happens every hour, so there no "hundreds". SCADA systems process many more events and everything is fine.

Edit: I forgot to add, in regards to the thread topic, that sims being born to other families, new families moving to town, etc., are all things that are handled by Story Progression, whether it is the built in version, or NRaas, or some other mod that provides story progression.

I understand. The OKW also changes built-in SP, so I'm afraid of conflict and it is additional reason i do not want Nraas SP...

I recently found an option in OKW relating to "immigration". Will try it...

Posted (edited)

It seems to be working. The service staff is still out of town, but they weren't a problem.

By the way, thank you all very much for your cooperation 😘

Edited by inrush
in order to comply with generally accepted decency