How to Mod Borderlands 2/TPS

So i just started to replay the borderlands saga from the classics to third for the second time but i wanted to try out some lovers mods and i found some but they require Texmod which i downloaded but for some reason its slow as hell despite the little fact i use it a few years back, anyone knows why? or how can i speed it up? also there is something called Umod but there is little info about it so i dont know how to use it

also i dont believe its the Pc, its a Gaming laptop but this thing can run Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra so i dont think a simple mod manager can defeat that, right?

Thanks for the help, if anyone answers that is

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ElaboratePseudonym said:

As far as Texmod, personal experience seems to indicate some mods work better than others. I don't have any better recommendation than trial and error to find out which are which.

Perhaps some more actually useful information can be found here.

Yeah but its not a mod, its the whole Tool being Shitty for some reason, which it bothers me 

Still thanks for the answer but still havent found a fix 

Update: Does anyone knows how to use Umod with steam? i been trying to use it with Bl2 but its always "Steam must be running" 

Edited by Depressingbro